Training to Use Pad

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Has anyone successfully trained a dog to use a potty pad?

For various reasons I want to change Tsuki from using a crate to an x-pen.
Thanks in advance!

Saeleofu

I tried with Tango, but he never really got the hang of it. I wanted to use t because he had to be crated for long periods when I was first fostering him. When pads didn't work I tried a littler box, and that worked REALLY well. I don't know why he picked up the concept of the box so easily but couldn't grasp the concept of a potty pad.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
I tried with Tango, but he never really got the hang of it. I wanted to use t because he had to be crated for long periods when I was first fostering him. When pads didn't work I tried a littler box, and that worked REALLY well. I don't know why he picked up the concept of the box so easily but couldn't grasp the concept of a potty pad.
What did you use in the litter box? Kitty litter?

Saeleofu

I tried various things, but there's this desert sand stuff that worked really well. Plain kitty litter was terrible, since dogs pee more than cats, it basically turns to mud. Wood shavings work well too, but you end up having to dump the whole thing instead of just scooping.

This stuff is what worked best:

Since Tango was so small I used an extra large cat box, but I know they make dog-sized litter boxes too.

MericoX

Roos, Poos, & a Wog!
Thanks Sael! Tsuki is small too, so a littler box will probably be just her size too. Her bed is made out of one as it is :rofl1:

Members online

No members online now.