Gus's Treat!!

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
I went to the butchers on Friday morning and as I was leaving I just said matter of factly "Do you have any nice big beef bones?" The butcher said he had no leg bones BUT...... He had an entire shoulder blade, which was covered in really good meat!! I said that'll do the job! So he put the shoulder in a plastic bag and gave it to me! I said did he want any money for it and he told me not to be so stupid!! :D So Friday morning it went in the freezer to freeze off any nasties, Saturday night it came out to defrost and guess what Gus has been doing all day!! Chewing on this enormous shoulder blade! lol! It looks like something out of the Flintstones! lol! :D

Barb04

Super Moderator
Did you take a pic? I would have loved to see the size of that bone with Gus.

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
No I didn't :( I didn't think about a pic until afterwards, and by then he had really destroyed the bone! lol! It was so heavy, that he had trouble carrying it out into the garden! lol! and his face was a picture you could see him thinking "THAT'S FOR ME!!!!" His little eyes went all wide! lol! Bless him! Oh how I love this dog! :D

Irish

I'm sure Gus was thinking, as he enjoyed his bone, how lucky he was to have a mom like you!

bogolove

Oh, Brady would love to be with Gus chewing on that bone! Someone commented to me this weekend how white Brady's teeth are, and it is because he loves to chew on bones, he just loves to chew period.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
bogolove said:
Oh, Brady would love to be with Gus chewing on that bone! Someone commented to me this weekend how white Brady's teeth are, and it is because he loves to chew on bones, he just loves to chew period.
Yup i get that alot too about my dogs! And thats because on top of treat bones they each get a meaty bone a day and those REALLY help clean teeth.

Members online

No members online now.