What a great morning!!

Kathy74

First, a little Marlee update...After her spay recovery, indoor accidents are almost zero!! She has learned that the coffee table is not a good shortcut to take, and isn't chewing very much anymore.
Well, we don't walk the dogs in the winter as Serene's feet can't take it, and because of me being so ill until last May, last summer was really their first summer to be walked regularly, so no one was great on a leash. Hubby and I have been putting off starting walking this spring, but last night I decided to test the waters and see if I could walk the 3 of them myself (never know till you try!) I had images of being dragged down the street, but.... I had their long leads on to let them explore a little, and they did beautifully! Got tangled up a couple of times, but I expected that. About a 10 min, low stress walk...Nice! So, this morning I put their short leashes on, and went the same route, no problems, very little pulling. They did so well, we came back for the split lead for Serene and Jersey, and Marlee had her own. They were doing so well, we walked for another 1/2 hr thru town! Marlee is so amazing on a leash, that I think tommorow she will go on the split with Serene as Jersey's the only one that needs individual leash work, and even she did very well this morning! Dogs make spring so much more fun!!!

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Hurraaay for you ..good dogs on leashes make for great walks..glad you get to enjoy them this way!

Kathy74

Yeah Rene, I know I'll come home from work tonite and find that they've "worked" on the renovations for themselves!! But after our wonderful walk, we came home and had a delightful nap on the people bed and they were all crashed around (and slightly on top of) me, so they've already been very good today. Mama can only expect so much! LOL!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Glad to hear you all got to go for a walk together. I tried it once with mine, but even with 2 people doing it, they all wanted to go in different directions.

Members online

No members online now.