In the car

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
IN the car. Victor..starting at the end of my street begins to figure 8. My car is a grand am..pontiac so there isn't much room inside, not like a suv. The figure 8 goes from the back seat, between the bucket front seats where he turns on a time.i think there can be no more than three-four feet there...he does not bump me and it entertaining to watch so i let him. i start counting his turns. It is three miles to moms house so today by the time i reached her street he had done 42 rotations..then as i turned he pointed (even with the paw up style) and said WEREGOINGTOGRAMMA'sHOUSE where he promptly started his rotations at twice the speed. So if I have figured right..he ran all the way there. Maybe twice.. Victor is unique. Mary lays in back with her head lounging on the window..eyes closed, enjoying the sunlight and the breeze .Staying out of Victor's way.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
one figure 8 takes about 3 seconds..i should get someone to film it and send it to one of the animal video shows.,.you should see how fast he goes when we turn into the shawnee dog park..i always give up counting by that time ..and still he can run hard for two hours..go over to Kelly's play for a few more hours on top of that..he is so good for days afterwards :D we really need to go..he is driving me up the wall.

bubbatd

Ain't they fun !!!! Mine have always enjoyed the ride and stay in the back...my Grand=dogs are something else.....stay in back, but are VERY verbal !!! " We're going to Grammys" ...." We're going home " !!!!

oriondw

user not active
My does that sometimes.

Jumps from front to back and so forth. Usually when he see's something like a rabbit or a deer.

scout1

you are lucky he can do that without touching you. i have a grand prix and scout does the constant pacing back and forth from front to back. on one of her travels to the back seat she managed to clock me right on the side of the head with her jaw. the stars i saw after that surely would have gotten us in to an accident had there been other cars on the road. she now wears a seatbelt for any long trips in the car.

oriondw

user not active
scout1 said:
you are lucky he can do that without touching you. i have a grand prix and scout does the constant pacing back and forth from front to back. on one of her travels to the back seat she managed to clock me right on the side of the head with her jaw. the stars i saw after that surely would have gotten us in to an accident had there been other cars on the road. she now wears a seatbelt for any long trips in the car.

A guy once approached my window at an intersection with no good intentions, and my pup tried to get him through my driver side window.

We never have cut hit nails and he is around 140 pounds, you can image how i felt :eek: It hurt like a b**** when he stepped on my legs full force and tried to use my thigh as a jumping grip.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
he never touches me and i don't let him do it on the highway..we have a seatbelt..it is just on the way to mom's..the space is so little and he is so rthymic about it i find it interesting. Aaron hates it so he has to stay in back when someone else is in the car. i never had a dog do this before..all my other dog's were bigger..or at least wider than he is.

oriondw

user not active
smkie said:
he never touches me and i don't let him do it on the highway..we have a seatbelt..it is just on the way to mom's..the space is so little and he is so rthymic about it i find it interesting. Aaron hates it so he has to stay in back when someone else is in the car. i never had a dog do this before..all my other dog's were bigger..or at least wider than he is.

:) When i drive he quitly sits in front seat without moving an inch, doesnt touch anything just waits. But inbred protection insctinct > any training.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
ah he would sit down if i told him too..this isn't hurting anything and it is all the more exercise..I couldn't manage him without having the three hours yard time he has with Mr Shaffer in Mom's back yard..and still we have supervised yard time here and a walk or too. He is very very active..did you see his pic? he is an olympian..he can realllly jump too. I am going to take him to dock dogs this year. He learned to swim by running straight thru the water, i don't think he ever stopped or even wondered about it. He did none of the puppy splashing vertical swim, i wish i could get a movie of him. I have watched a lot of dogs in this life time in the field, but i have never seen anything as fluid and graceful as my Vic.

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Sounds like Pakak on a car ride he is over his fear of it now he just gets overly excited and tries to look out every single window. I can't imagine how he will be when I put the top down!!! Poor thing will probley have a heart attack.

***Side Note**** if you have a old time jeep with a cover or a convertable and a dog with a long coat who really despises water and it is an extra hot day a care ride with them buckled in always works wonders on cooling down :). Though I tend to get hit with drool spittle lol.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i am slowy working on my packs on wheels painting..i would like to have a hood ornament made like i designed the victor one on the car...if there was no windshield he would be clear to the front of the car like i drew..i am sure of it.

Attachments

oriondw said:
A guy once approached my window at an intersection with no good intentions, and my pup tried to get him through my driver side window.

We never have cut hit nails and he is around 140 pounds, you can image how i felt :eek: It hurt like a b**** when he stepped on my legs full force and tried to use my thigh as a jumping grip.
You'll get a kick out of these ;) http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showpost.php?p=18305&postcount=6
http://www.chazhound.com/forums/showthread.php?t=982

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
this painting has been cooking in my mind for months now..i wish i could fit all the chazhounds in it..but this is gonna be big enough as it is.. i love seeing work dogs in vans.out for the day with their owner..or shoot anywhere they are allowed to ride along. They love it so.....i got the idea one night when at a cross section and all the cars had dogs in them..two of us even went to the same gas station..then Renee wrote that story so it became a part of it too. omgosh i had missed the bee story...lolololol :D :eek: :D

It probably did, Smkie! All I could see was furry dog butts! :D

I'll have to find my photo of Bear, the workin' dog and scan it for you. He's lying in the van with all the survey equipment looking out the open door waiting for us to finish packing the instruments so he can go to work. He loved to go surveying.

Barb04

Super Moderator
Oh CJ does the same thing when we arrive somewhere that she loves to go. Then she begins to make crying noises. She's my clown.

Members online

No members online now.