Victor's headrush

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Victor ran out the door this morning and the spring day blew his mind. He stood in the same spot for 45 minutes before he moved. And that was just because his legs were tired he was just slightly trembling! I was able to go get the camera and shoot a whole roll, even close ups of his face without him realizing that i was there. I couldn't quite laughing.. There were 4 mockingbirds..three males and one female all putting on a show in the yard. It sounded like a hundred birds all singing at the same time. The air was softer than the softest kiss. Even when he eventually sat down..he still had that omg look on his face. i had to make him come in before he got sunburned. I think i know what birddog heaven looks like now. He spent the rest of the afternoon in the middle of the yard just grinning from ear to ear looking with those big ol eyes at everything. He won't even stop sniffing the world long enough to eat. I will attach my pictures tomorrow when i get them developed. Connie Guthrie with Save_Our_Strays did a fine thing saving this dog and then giving him to me... :D

There's a song in that. Seriously. Great story.

Save Our Strays is a good org. I'm proud that a song I played on is on one of their fund raising CD's from a local chapter.

Free Lap Dances

bonster

Disappointed :(
brilliantly told story - I love the way dogs find joy like that....
looking forward to the pics !!! :)

Smkie, you're getting better and better at creating pictures with words! I can see Victor standing there absorbing the clarity of a perfect Spring day. Before too long your word pictures will be as natural to you as your drawings and paintings - and that is very good indeed! :D

He definently has a noble stance. The roommates mutt has a similar build.

What breed is he again, oh Ill just search.

Members online

No members online now.