Why do I even bother?

Filling water bowls I mean.

Josie the Wonderdog only drinks from her water bowl when she eats her kibble to fast and is about to choke to death...I hear her gorging away them *wheeze* *cough* *lap-lap* *cough*. Other than that she drinks from the toilet (gross) or (even worse) warm, soapy water from the bottom of my shower (ack)...evidently my shower residue tastes like gravy. One day I had her out at a freinds dog show and brought some bottled water and a clean bowl. Nope...won't drink it...later we were walking around with her on leash... I stopped to talk to a Shelty breeder and I caught JTWD drinking from a fetid mud puddle!

That cats are no better...their water bowl is untouched, rather they prefer any unmonitored glass of water laying around.

::end rant::

-BG

Debi

it's the mud puddle thing that I just don't get...and boy do they seem to go for them. Mine haven't discovered the toilet, course it's the BIG rule....lids down...just in case. And the cat.......don't kid me, they just like to mess with us silly people...so you know they just patiently wait until your glass is there..............

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
It's all a ploy to make us tear our hair out, and what's better than that is it actually works!! We fuss and let them have their own way!! They are slowly beating us into submission!! :D
Katelina will only drink from a glass, the tap in the bathroom or the neighours pond! Gus will only drink from his bowl if it's in the exact same spot as it was when he left it!! And I mean exact spot!!! He knows if it's moved even by an inch!
My Mum's dog Barley will only drink ice cold mineral water, he has to see it coming out of the bottle (and he knows if it's tap water in a mineral water bottle!!)!! Or of course a stinking horrible puddle!! :D Pets! Who'd have em!!

At least none of you have a Monster (Shiva) who knocks the lid off of the tank of the toilet to drink! I've given up and the tank just stays open. The real drawback there is the Fila jowls carry a lot of excess water away from the tank and the seat is always wet . . . :eek:

The girls do love the mud puddles too, but they (thankfully) don't drink from the cow mud - EEYUCK! Bimmer prefers a clean dish or the creek when it's flowing clean. One neighbor even leaves a bowl out for him underneath their spigot. She and her husband really appreciate the fact that he's adopted them and keeps their place under his aegis.

Members online

No members online now.