Kona has arrived

Barb04

Super Moderator
Sorry I wasn't on the board yesterday, but Kona arrived at the airport in the morning and we were busy all day. Besides the fact that we left the side gate open by accident, Max ran out down the block, through a neighbors back yard to the next street, Carl fell trying to leap forward to grab him, I'm in a car chasing him down with the puppy inside the car with me, finally to find Max, open the back car door, and max jumped in to get away from Carl who was livid at this point. Yes this was an eventful day!!!!!!!

The puppy is doing real well. She came out of the cage after we put her in the SUV and sat on my lap and kept kissing me. What a relief. She even went poop which was hard (sorry if you didn't want to know this). I was so happy. We are also thrilled that I guess since she was kept outside in California, that she was used to peeing & pooping (sorry again) outside. She only had one pee accident in the house last night. Kona fell asleep in the cage in the living room with Carl sleeping in the chair. He's watching over his big little girl. She met the whole family. The one who is most upset is Tiny. Tiny actually went into the cage we got for Kona, sat there and made wild animal noises. Max is a giant puppy. We have to watch Max that he doesn't hurt her by accident because of his weight. CJ is doing well. She growled a little, but as long as she has her space, she's fine. Bear doesn't come up from downstairs; it will take him some time.

I am so happy we got Kona. I put pics in the gallery this morning. Her eyes aren't blue, I think the camera was reflecting the color of her colllar into her eyes. She follows Carl & I around wherever we go. I don't want to sound like a new mom, but I am.

Martine

Trained by an Airedale
That's great news! Really pleased for you, she sounds like she is settling in really well. I'm off to take a look at your pics! :D

Barb04

Super Moderator
So far CJ is still like okay another animal, just let me have my space. Max is like "WOW" they gave me a playmate. Tiny is not hisses as much. Bear is still in hiding but appears once in awhile to take a peak. Kona is such a sweetie. I'm enjoying every moment. Right now she's sleeping in the reclining chair while I'm on the computer. When Max barks at something, she runs to be with him like what's up?

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
sound away new mom..im all eyes and ears!!! What a babe,you are sooooo lucky!

Barb04

Super Moderator
Kona is a Bandog (1/2 american pitbull & 1/2 neopolitan mastiff). The breeder has been doing this for 20 years and well respected.

Kona and should be 100-120 lbs. and 24"-27" at the withers when full grown. She is such a cutie and loves her mom (me!!!).

Ohhhhhh! Barb . . . sound away! I am enjoying Kona vicariously. What a little beauty. You do realize, of course, that by the time she's 7 months old she and Max will be inseparable and utter terrors. She and Max are acting the same way Buffy and Bimmer acted.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I'm enjoying Kona while she's so sweet and not doing anything wrong which I know could/will change as she grows. She's upstairs sitting in the reclining chair watching baseball with Carl. Daddy's girl? No she's mine!!!!!!

Members online

No members online now.