The musing thread

Lyzelle

On the fence about the job situation. I have 2 choices, and they aren't terribly easy to make. They both offer a lot. One has better pay, the other has better benefits. One is more permanent. The other is temporary with the CHANCE of being permanent. Both are excellent on my resume and both have serious potential for career advances and longevity.

Either way, I have another job for back up and I wanted it to really be more of a supplemental income. But still.

I know it will work out the way it needs to work out, but I am so terrible at deciding.

Melle

Would black or honey brown leather look better on Tobi? His markings are so inky.

Thinking about getting him a collar from Ella's Lead with blue turquoise stones.

My friend would like to know if others were interested in a thread where all of us could look for friends with whom one could discuss about dog training. In it users could ask/offer help or advice about something. After that they could discuss in some threads about teaching tricks or behaviors. So, would you be interested in such a thread?:)

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
I think I'm really getting to the point where I want to have a baby. Always before it was just little things and kimd of a "yah, why not?" sort of deal. Now it's slowly becoming an actual...want. Drive. Someone I went to highschool with just posted on facebook that she's expecting and I was *jealous*. I wouldn't have been thay way a few months ago.

Please please please let next summer be the time we can start trying, because I am ready now. I was kind of bummed a couple months ago when we decided not to try before his deployment, but it wasn't a huge dissapointment. It is now. Ugh.

stardogs

Behavior Nerd
I think I'm really getting to the point where I want to have a baby. Always before it was just little things and kimd of a "yah, why not?" sort of deal. Now it's slowly becoming an actual...want. Drive. Someone I went to highschool with just posted on facebook that she's expecting and I was *jealous*. I wouldn't have been thay way a few months ago.
It's totally weird, isn't it? That started to hit me about 2 years ago and it still isn't constant, but man, I totally get jealous, too.

Melle

I have two variations of the same book that I've been working on for a while but stalled after finishing Nanowrimo in April. I can't figure out which one I like more or has the more compelling story. It's called Firstdark, and follows the journey of a half-dire, half-gray wolf during the mid to late Pleistocene Epoch.

First one: The book begins with an adult male named Tavrin, who despite it not being his place, sired a forbidden litter with a gray wolf female that strayed onto the territory the prior winter. He forsook it, seeking only to be loyal to the pack and please the patriarch. Later on, in early spring, the pack finds that she wolf was attempting to cross their territory and when he arrives she's already been done away with and most of the pups as well. He discovers, however, that she hid the last cub in a hollow tree trunk, and he can't bring himself to do away with it. When the patriarch discovers this, he uses a debt from the past to ensure he may raise the pup with the pack.

Second variation: Same gist, the MC is half-gray half-dire. It begins with her awakening on the edge of a river gorge with a head wound from the fall and memory loss. Upon finding a pack member in the area, he takes her back to the others, and in bits of pieces finds that not everything is at it seems and that her fall may not have been an accident. The motives remain unclear to her, but she becomes increasingly sure it has something to do with the patriarch's hate for the "new" kind (gray wolves), and on top of that his fear of a strange new enemy from the frozen lands of the north are driving him to lead his pack to dangerous, unfamiliar territories in order to escape.

I can't decide :mad: I like how I began the first one, it was nicely paced and introduced the main characters well, but I like the aura of the second. Her loss of memory means no time wasted on meaningful but LENGTHY events in the past, and it makes this ice age world feel more threatening to the reader because it feels so unknown from her POV until she fully recovers.

Picklepaige

Dental hygienists, on average, make more than vets, and WAY more than vet techs, which is what I am going to school for. WHY DO THEY MAKE SO MUCH.

Time to throw out all plans and apply to dental hygienist school.

Southpaw

orange iguanas.
Dental hygienists, on average, make more than vets, and WAY more than vet techs, which is what I am going to school for. WHY DO THEY MAKE SO MUCH.

Hahahahah I have those thoughts all the time. WHY DIDN'T I JUST BECOME A DENTAL HYGIENIST.

And then I remember... because the thought of my hands in a person's mouth is disgusting :eek:

~Dixie's_Mom~

♥Chloe & Violet♥

Please please please let next summer be the time we can start trying, because I am ready now. I was kind of bummed a couple months ago when we decided not to try before his deployment, but it wasn't a huge dissapointment. It is now. Ugh.
At least you have a man! I want a baby and I don't even have a SO lol!

Julee

UNSTOPPABLE

This is seriously my plan, hahaha. 2 years of school, 70k out of the gate... yes please!

I came here to say I have no idea what I'm doing, but I guess I do. lol

Picklepaige

I JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND. Aren't those the people who clean your teeth before you see the dentist?? I'm sure it's hard, and mouths gross me out like woah, but I think I will seriously consider that as a backup plan. I am still planning on getting a bachelor's in...vet tech (I'm not sure what the official name for that is yet haha) but if, after a couple years, that's just not paying the bills, I will go to dental hygienist school. 70k might make me forget about mouth ickiness.

Beanie

Clicker Cult Coordinator
The boss wants to know what we think about our insurance and if we should keep it, or if he would rather us just give us more money and we can go out and buy our own insurance.

The latter please.

So I can buy insurance I can actually use.

Holy crap I'm actually excited about this. The plan I'm looking at has inexpensive riders for vision AND dental SO I CAN ACTUALLY GO TO THE DENTIST AGAIN. I hope it works out...

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
I got a wild hair and dyed my hair last night... it's dark brown now. Loved it last night. Not sure today. LOL I wanted to do auburn again but last time it was really unnaturally red so I was scared to. I really need a haircut. I almost didn't have enough dye for all my hair!

Melle

So, I really want to meet some Decker Rat Terriers.

Was never a small dog terrier but man they are handsome. Still wish they had an even larger equivalent while still maintaining the low grooming and moderate energy levels.

joce

My insurance got a lot worse this year. Higher monthly cost and higher deductibles. By a lot. Guh.
Ours is horrible now!

I went with high deductible since even with max out of pocket being 1,200 last year I have still spent over five grand. But I feel bad for part timers who have to do family plan who pay 500/ pay! That's what some of them make! So I am basically paying out of pocket until I reach I think three grand and then 15% of everything. Almost no drs are covered now to. This ins overhaul has screwed us over royally!!

And can I say I am so sick of seeing the people berating walmart over the asking employees to donate to other employees! Our hospital has done it for years! Do other places really not do that?!

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
So, I really want to meet some Decker Rat Terriers.

Was never a small dog terrier but man they are handsome. Still wish they had an even larger equivalent while still maintaining the low grooming and moderate energy levels.
Deckers actually get up to 40 lbs! Kind of crazy big for a terrier.

My deductible is $1500 vs... 250 last year. My max out of pocket last year was lower than my deductible.

I don't know how people live anymore.

SoCrafty

My deductible is $1700 next year, OOP max $4k (I think). All the other options had like a $3k deductible and a OOP max of $12k.

Insurance is crazy.

HayleyMarie

Like a bat outa' hell
Yesh, your insurance is insane. Our insurance through Tyler's work 1100 health spending account- which can go towards anything health, active wise. We put our ski passes on it. Then a health spending account of 600. 2000 a year for dental. 90% coverage of prescriptions.-I am not sure of the max out, but it's pretty high. We are extremely happy with our plan.

Members online

No members online now.