Poor Murph... vibes, please?

Snark

Mutts to you
Got home from work to discover Murphy on three legs, the right front was swollen and he wouldn't put any weight on it. Sis and I got him into the vet (took both of us to get him in and out of the van) and, yup, he somehow managed to break his leg in a fenced yard...

Granted, the 'yard' is a little over 2 acres, heavily wooded, and the boys do like to dig for moles... Vet thinks the break is consistent with Murph stepping in a hole while running. He also thinks Murph is a bit of a drama queen (he is - I can't pull a tick off without him acting like I poked his eye out). So, the big dog is staying at the hospital over the weekend so they can get the swelling down and get x-rays before putting on a cast. At least it appears to be a clean break and the vet doesn't foresee any trouble with it healing.

Poor Murph, though... He cried most of the time and really, really didn't want to be left in the cage. I felt so bad leaving him... :( and Sis is getting tired of me sighing, 'Poor Murph', every fifteen minutes. It's going to be a long weekend...

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Poor guy! Sending vibes your way. I'd probably be worried sick in your situation.

Snark

Mutts to you
Thanks for the vibes. I want my dog back. *sigh*

Poor Murph... (you all won't mind if I sniffle on here, right?) *sigh* :(

Snark

Mutts to you
Poor Mick, too. *sigh* He's looking for his brother, I don't think they've ever been separated for more than a couple of hours in their entire lives (they'll be 11 years old this year). Come on, Monday!

Cali Mae

Little dog, big voice
Any news from the vet on how Murph is doing today? (and hopefully you are doing alright as well!)

Snark

Mutts to you
Any news from the vet on how Murph is doing today? (and hopefully you are doing alright as well!)
No, but they're closed on Sundays. I'm going to call the hospital first thing tomorrow morning to see how he is faring. My vet told us he's planning to sedate Murphy for the x-rays and cast, and we should be able to pick him up after 3pm. He'll be in a cast for six weeks and, hopefully, will leave it alone so he won't have to wear the Cone of Shame, too. Poor boy!

Members online

No members online now.