Why oh why

I don't know, but what do you do? We haven't had that problem happen yet and I want to be prepared + what about thunderstorms, what do you do then?

Fran27

Well Yorkielover I had let the back yard door open as I usually do so... I didn't have much choice in the matter, lol! I actually wondered if I had let the door open, then looked on the floor and saw about 10 paw-shaped dark stains... then a totally soaked dog came back in the room. Yup, I did!

showpug

Get a pug, they despise the rain. My pugs walk on their tippy toes and squint their eyes. We live in Oregon, you would think that they would be used to it by now!! If it rains, they try to "hold it" all day!!

Or...you could rip all your carpet out like we did and put in hard woods. Living in this part of the country with dogs, carpet is just not a possibility for our house anyway :)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
not mine, they only want to go out the minute i get on the computer or load a brush with paint....heaven forbid i would like to concentrate! rain Victor says no thanky i'll wait a bit, i can even leave the door open and enjoy the smell..i sure wish we could have some rain. guess it is time to be a hose dragger again.

Fran27

Oh we have wood.. thanks god, lol! I hope the weather will be better this week end so I can wash... it's REALLY disgusting, but not much point in cleaning yet.

And lol Smkie, I can very well imagine doing that too... Boris hated the rain when he was a puppy but now he seems to like it. I guess his breed doesn't help... Tips just totally doesn't care from what I've seen.

Fran27

Yes, especially when it's hot (Boris doesn't like rain that much in winter, lol). I just wish sometimes that my yard was mostly cement :D

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Gus refuses to go out in the garden in the rain, but he will be persuaded into a walk!! ;)

The girls hate going out into the yard when it's raining, unless there's something soooo interesting that they absolutely MUST go look at, or they really need to "go". They don't seem to mind rainy walks, though.

Members online