Is this dumb, or am I just a mean person?

Athe

I was asking one of my clients when they were getting their dog spayed. She comes in for boarding and is well over 1 year of age, I of course am concerned why she is putting the operation off. The owner told me this...."We are not going to spay her as she is so dog aggressive we have no fear of her letting another dog near her!" :eek:
I was shocked that someone would actually think like this. This person owns horses and has even taken higher riding courses. Knowing she is a knowledgeable horse owner I assumed she was a knowledgeable dog owner. Any way, I kinda blurted out..."what planet did you come from?". Not good customer service, but, I was shocked. I then asked her if she had a cranky mare would it never allow a stallion to breed her??? she laughed and said, OK I see your point. It ended on an upbeat note, but, I really shouldn't have blurted out such a comment to a good client and acquaintance. I guess I was just shocked, I would have expected this only from a novice owner.

Irish

Thats funny Athe. I know what you mean, sometimes when people say something so bizarre (and that was bizarre what she said) you just can't control what comes out of your mouth in response! I kind of like it when I do that, its like the little censor that lives in my brain was caught sleeping and I was able to say what I really mean! :D

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
sounded like the right response to me especially if it got the point across.

Fran27

Hopefully he got it. I think that's why I don't think I would ever be able to work with pets, I would probably be fired after two days...

ROFLMAO! Sometimes, Athe, what comes out of your mouth is the right thing at the right time. The Muse just takes control ;)

My Mom has to watch her mouth, as it will take off on its own without her conscious brain at times. I'll never forget what happened at Grandaddy's funeral. Her brother, Butch, who is a windbag, was going on and on and on and on and on about what he was going to do when his singing career took off (he was 47 at the time . . .) and the fancy headstone he was going to put on Grandaddy's grave, ad nauseum, ad infinitum. My Dad, Uncle Roy (an in-law, but much better than the blood uncles) and myself were all standing there trying not to look at each other, watching my Mom seethe. Finally she just blurted out to Butch, "You should live so long," never even catching her breath. I thought I was going to choke! Butch stopped mid-babble with the funniest look on his face, Dad looked at Mom, Roy and I looked at each other and stifled the laughs, and Butch slunk off. Mom was standing there looking at us and we all finally broke down laughing until we hurt. Mom just looked at us with the most confused face. She had no idea she'd even said anything! When I told her what she'd said, choking with laughter the whole time, she turned bright red and stammered that she couldn't have, she hadn't said anything at all. That, of course, sent us of on another fit of giggling.

We've never let her live it down either . . . :D

So see, you're not alone, and, to steal a line from Shakespeare, "All's well that ends well."

showpug

I love your comment....keep up the good work :D LOL!!! I guess I am just a sucker for sarcasim!! I love sarcastic comments if they come at the right time. Witty...witty :)

Gustav

Don't encourage me..
Good for you Athe!! I think we skirt round issues far too much!! You have given her something to think about! I think the direct approach can often be the best approach! :D

Athe

Renee750il, LOL very funny. I guess we can really come out with some woopers when we don't think through first before we talk :D
Thanks every one for not thinking I'm a mean ill tempered kennel manager. :)
I try to bite my tongue and talk in an understanding way to people. It's when you come across some one you respect as a fellow animal person who should know their stuff that it can be shocking when they say some thing stupid. ;)

bubbatd

I know what you all mean !! You can't tell with a female, but when I see a male with his Ballies I always want to say something .....like my next door neighbor !

Members online

No members online now.