Man unhappy with woman who rescued his dog

Airn

http://www.examiner.com/article/unb...ed-with-dog-turns-on-woman-who-made-it-happen

Has anyone heard of this story? I just saw this on my newsfeed. Haven't checked to see if the information is correct or not.

Basically what happened is this:

"In a twist which can only be described as disheartening, the man who was just reunited with his dog, who was impounded at the San Bernardino, Calif., city animal shelter, has apparently turned on the woman who made that reunion possible.

Late Wednesday afternoon, that individual, Maria Sanchez, posted the dismal news to her many Facebook followers. It appears that Thomas phoned KTLA News and accused her of "stealing" donated funds."

And the rest is explaining what happened and the woman's response to the man's demands.

Is this true? And what do you think? What would you do?

This is why there should always be a Trust, or at the very least, a third party for situations like this.

The money was meant to be to reunite the dog with it's owner, anything beyond that should go to a charity. It shouldn't be a bonus for the owner who was ultimately responsible for his dog being at the shelter.

But she did a good thing, unfortunately no good deed goes unpunished.

She should make copies of every receipt, the vet, shelter fees, the receipt from PetSmart, and her credit card statement and have a third party hold them for her. The rest of the money should be put into a locked account (to be possibly given to the shelter? On account at the man's Vet?) until after this is over.

Only one bit of criticism towards the woman who did this for him, she really needs to stop speculating on Facebook about what the owner wants the money for.

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
kinda sounds like the wife is the one being the nasty piece of work, and may be pushing buttons and calling the shots

either way, a pretty rotten situation all around. what a shame

frostfell

Kung Pow Fish
This is why there should always be a Trust, or at the very least, a third party for situations like this.

The money was meant to be to reunite the dog with it's owner, anything beyond that should go to a charity. It shouldn't be a bonus for the owner who was ultimately responsible for his dog being at the shelter.

But she did a good thing, unfortunately no good deed goes unpunished.

She should make copies of every receipt, the vet, shelter fees, the receipt from PetSmart, and her credit card statement and have a third party hold them for her. The rest of the money should be put into a locked account (to be possibly given to the shelter? On account at the man's Vet?) until after this is over.

Only one bit of criticism towards the woman who did this for him, she really needs to stop speculating on Facebook about what the owner wants the money for.
Not nessicarily. If you are out driving with your dog and get arrested, what on earth is the cop gonna do with your car and dog? Impound for both. If the dog had been at home, no harm no foul. Its not like the dog was at large or attacked someone. He was arrested for a TRAFFIC violation, for cryin out loud. Ran a red light, changed lanes without a signal, expired tabs, etc, cmon, everyone does these things *eye roll* its just sheer dumb bad luck there was a dog in the car with him that got impounded too. Doesnt make him a bad owner or even an irresponsible one.

I agree about the snide drug remarks. What does that even have to do with anything? There is not even any mention of substance abuse in this guys history smh

Not nessicarily. If you are out driving with your dog and get arrested, what on earth is the cop gonna do with your car and dog? Impound for both. If the dog had been at home, no harm no foul. Its not like the dog was at large or attacked someone. He was arrested for a TRAFFIC violation, for cryin out loud. Ran a red light, changed lanes without a signal, expired tabs, etc, cmon, everyone does these things *eye roll* its just sheer dumb bad luck there was a dog in the car with him that got impounded too. Doesnt make him a bad owner or even an irresponsible one.

I agree about the snide drug remarks. What does that even have to do with anything? There is not even any mention of substance abuse in this guys history smh
He was arrested for failure to appear on traffic violations. Regardless, still his responsibility, right? Nobody else failed to go to court. And it was him on the voicemail threatening to sue.

I think she needs another donation drive, for a lawyer.

Kilter

She did talk to him in person, so maybe she has more information than we do. But to say anything about drugs is pretty low on her part. Keep track of the money, use it for the reason stated (get the dog out, not pay a bunch of fines for the guy's mistakes), and maybe set up a trust fund with a rescue in the event the dog ends up back in need. Other than that, donate it to a rescue or stop taking extra money past what was needed - which was $400 as far as I recall. Whatever the number, once you have that, stop collecting unless you've stated what the money will go for after that.

As for the guy, he needs a good slap up the side of the head. He got his dog back, he should be thankful and glad others might get help because of him too. Getting his fines paid even better. Demanding cash is pretty low.

AdrianneIsabel

Glutton for Crazy
Sorry but getting arrested is almost never an act of being responsible. I completely agree with MM.

What a bummer, I saw this on FB and did not participate, I am glad this woman made the effort she did but it's a heart breaker that it's biting her in the ass.

Red.Apricot

Ran a red light, changed lanes without a signal, expired tabs, etc, cmon, everyone does these things *eye roll* its just sheer dumb bad luck there was a dog in the car with him that got impounded too. Doesnt make him a bad owner or even an irresponsible one.
I live in San Bernardino county, and you don't get arrested for running red lights, changing lanes without signaling or expired tags. You have to do a lot more than that for them to be bothered with taking you in.

Members online