I need rat help, quick! *graphic*

Picklepaige

Bubblegum, one of my rats, has an extremely swollen face. All her life her left eye has been red and runny, and it would slightly swell some days and go back to normal others, but a couple of days ago, when I went to feed them breakfast, I noticed it was horrifically swollen, much, much more than usual. I took her to the vet, where he said it wasn't an abscess because it was hard and he couldn't drain it, and he thinks it's either an infection or a tumor. I have antibiotics to give her, but in the meantime, does anyone on here know what this could be? She's acting the same, eating fine and being active. The only change in behavior is she is scratching that area a lot now. She is two years old.

For reference, this is what her eye normally looks like when she's having a "bad" day.

You can see her left eye is red and a bit swollen. It's been like this on and off since I got her.

This is what her eye looks like now. This popped up overnight, it didn't gradually get this bad.

Does anyone have any second opinions. I am so upset, I love this little girl :(

Picklepaige

I don't know if it burst or if her cagemate chewed on it, but there is now a really deep hole in her cheek. The swelling is still there, but in the middle of the lump there is a hole. The hole is so deep I can see her eye through it. She's not acting like she is in pain and acting normally. I move separated her from my other rat to prevent her from chewing on it and grooming it. I don't know what to do, the vet is closed today, and I am freaking out.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
Eh, I wonder If it was an abscess that burst or something? I don't know what to tell you, unfortunately. :(

Brattina88

Did the vet look at her teeth?? I had a
Blue female rat her face appeared swollen and it was her teeth

Members online