introducing a new dog to phoenix...

luvmydogs

ok heres the problem. i just found out that all 3 adoption shelters in my area dont allow phoenix to come with me, when i choose another dog. how can i adopt a dog and then introduce it to him? i mean, should i get a male or female? he gets along with all dogs. there has never been one he didnt like, and there are quite a few dogs in our area(military housing). is it enough to ask the staff if that particular dog will get along with other dogs? i narrowed it down to the army vet clinic, that has dogs up for adoption. that way everything(shots, spay& neut. etc.) will be taken care of. i got phoenix from the local dog pound and he was dirty, and sick, and wormy etc. so, like i asked, how can i get them to know each other? does it all depend on the other dog, cus phoenix likes them all...??

Fran27

That's weird! Won't they let you go outside with the two dogs on leash at least?

If not, yeah, i would definitely go with a dog that seems to get along well with other dogs... Worst case, you can probably warn them you will bring it back and get another instead if it doesn't work.

Good luck anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing your new dog!

luvmydogs

no they said they cant be responsible in case either one of them bites. military sucks i tell ya. but the civilians have the same law. o well....i dont know when we will start looking, but i sure will post a pic once we're adding one to the family. one more question... when i bring one home, should i introduce them outside or in?

nedim

I heard it is best to introduce them away from home to minimize territorial issues, if I'm not mistaken...

Members online

No members online now.