Pakak SHINES

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
I have so much pride for that big PUPPY (will be 1 year old in November) he has impressed me to my extent and has completely stolen my heart. Ok here is a bit about how much Pakak has changed.

Pakak came to me as a hyper active trouble maker of a puppy. And when i say trouble maker I mean TROUBLE maker and a nipper to all hell lol. A few times I would sit there and think "what have I gotten myself into?!".

So he out grew the nipping and the hopping and running around knocking everything over. He matured to the annoying kid brother of the pack lol constantly teasing and tormenting his fellow dogs, cats, bird, and horse lol. He was extremly smart though and was exceling at obedience training and harness training. I started to see there may be more to this funny faced malamute then just play play play lol.

He soon graduated to the single sled as he grew and i saw the first big change. He finally could figure what was play time and what work time was and he responded well to both. He has a natural nack for pulling and I started to see it then. I started having him pulling me a bit which did'nt phase him and I then decided to consider him for weight pulling.

Pakak today excels at EVERYTHING he tries. He works GREAT with the team he is not yet a wheel dog but runs right in front of the wheel dogs from wrking his way back gradually. Running does not phase him it takes alot for him to get winded and he runs great with both Sibes and Chin teams and a mixed team. He may run one race this season possibly two but no more then that i do not want to wear him out but he will still work with the teams everyday. Weight pulling we work on once every other week and he looks forward to it he is pulling a nice amount at the moment. I hoping to enter him im competitions next year in weight pulling.

Pakak is still very much a puppy obviousely but his manners have improved amazingly. He no longer jumps on visitors he waits excitedly for an invitation to come for a pet and so he can put his head or paw on the petters knee lol. He has matured in the pack and now knows who will tolerate his play or even join in and who won't. He has taken on the big brother role to Poe and I beleive that has helped him mature as well. His bestfriend and adopted sister is still my pitbull Babe who by the way just turned 1 year old 2 weeks ago.

He is still a clown but a clown with a purpose and like I said he just SHINES.

Zoom

Twin 2.0
Awesome to hear all of your hard work is paying off! It's such a rewarding feeling isn't it? :D

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Zoom said:
Awesome to hear all of your hard work is paying off! It's such a rewarding feeling isn't it? :D
Yup definatly. Especially since getting him was a big chance i was taking. I have never owned a Malamute and wasent sure how it would go training wise. I feel like we grew together he is just an amazing dog.

Members online

No members online now.