Does your dog lie on the bare floor?

What does your dog say to chilling on hard floors?

• My dog says hard floors are torture

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • My dog says only sissies need soft padding

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • My dog says variety is the spice of life

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • My dog says everyone should eat cake

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Hudson can never be happy, so he tends to roam between the furniture & dog beds, to the floor, and then back. In the summer he spends a lot of time on hardwood, or the brick by the fireplace. in the winter he'll hang out on the chair with me.

maxfox426

My dog tickles my soul
I voted for variety. I think Morgan prefers a softer surface to lie on, but even so I will catch him lying on the bare floor from time to time.

He also thinks everyone should eat cake.

*blackrose

"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"
If given the choice, I'd say the choose to lay on the carpet. But, they'd rather be near us while laying on bare floor than in another room on carpet.

Abrams will seek out the bare floor when he is hot. The past summer he'd sprawl out in the kitchen and almost never lay on the carpet. Now that it is cooler, he's much more apt to curl up on a blanket on the floor.

oakash

Kat/Oak AKA The Nice One
Jack the weird pointer dog is a primadonna. He ONLY lies on the floor when he's crazy hot, and he lives in Fl where it is hot all the time. But I rarely see him on the floor. He seems to think it's beneath him. We were redoing our floors so one of our rooms was completely empty to let the hardwood stuff harden, and we let him in there. He looked absolutely miserable when he realized he couldn't lie on the couch. And he has to be up high too. So he likes to lie down on the back part of the couch. Or on the dining room table... which is frowned upon in our establishment (not really, we kinda just laugh it off)

Suzie likes the floor because she's so hairy I think. She gets hot quickly and the floors are colder.

amberdyan

Yes, if it's hot out. Hugo doesn't NOT believe in being hot. Any other time it's a big no. He will even choose to lay on a little rug over the actual carpet if there's nothing else available.

Pip does all the time, but he runs pretty hot.

Squash, rarely. Only if he's pretty hot.

Maisy, never. Pretty, pretty princess.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
Hard floors are chihuahua abuse. I have never seen Ru lie on a hard floor willingly, and if I tell him to he will cheat and not touch his chest or elbows to the floor. The closest he ever gets is hot cement in the summer, the hotter the better.

Brisbane will lay on the floor if it's hot, otherwise he whines and rings the potty bells until I put down a bed or move the cat or fix whatever his problem is.

Uly doesn't care. His default behavior is to flop down on the floor and snooze whenever/wherever.

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
They alternate where they lay. Generally, Bubbles lays on her chair or on the couch, Kimma is on the blanket I have folded up in the dog area (traditional dog beds don't last, but this old comforter folded up has) or on the couch, and Jari is either on the carpeted floor or on the tile area near the front door or on this tupperware bin that he likes to curl up on top of. Sometimes the coffee table. He's weird.

Really depends on which dog. I have one who prefers the bare floor because it's cooler. My other two very much prefer something to lay on and it will take them forever to settle if this spot is not provided.

It is very rare to see them alternate, though occasionally weather does factor in.

Babyblue5290

Happy Meal. Yum.
I'm pretty sure Artimis thinks he's a king and should never have to be without a pillow AND blanket to snuggle in :rolleyes: So for him, he never chooses to lay on hard tile/wood ever.

Talon on the other hand doesn't seem to care one way or another. If it's floor, he sits.

busannie

Bus doesn't care.... he's been known to plop down in the slag/gravel in the driveway, which makes me hurt on his behalf. I guess he generally prefers a bed in the house, unless he's hot, but outside, he doesn't care what surface he's on. Annie pretty much refuses to lay on any hard surface, all her life, but especially in old age. In fact, when I occasionally put them somewhere that she can't find an appropriate soft spot, she waits til Bus plops out, then sits/lays on him like a couch or bed.

Members online

No members online now.