For those of you who have dyed or coloured your dogs...

Dekka

Just try me..
Post pictures. Feel free to discuss dyeing dogs (pro or con)

Here are a few of Dekka

Heart on bum

Faded out a bit

A long time ago I koolaided her mohawk and feet

Chomper's first dye (after I added in some purple to the pink - to begin was no purple):

Chomper's second and current dye:

Working at a dog grooming salon where the owner's Poodles were always subjected to creative grooming was a bad influence.

I'd like to try something more complex on him, but am too worried about messing it up. :p

But $60 worth of dye was a fun investment (though with rewards only came to about $30, yay)!

DJEtzel

Recon's first dye job...

And a few some weeks later, fading.

We're touching up this week before a disc seminar!

amberdyan

I have literally never heard of people dyeing their dogs until I came to chaz and I think it's ADORABLE. I now have dyeing need and I'm prrooobbbaalllyyy going to have to dye Hugo when it gets warmer. He doesn't have really any WHITE on him, but his chest and front legs are pretty off-white and I think some darker colors would show well.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
I also use Manic Panic, and Ru is naturally tan-colored.

When he is freshly dyed he looks photoshopped in real life and kind of breaks people's brains because living things should not be that color.

This is Manic Panic's Fuschia Shock color. I use the same stuff on my own hair, and I have found an enormous variation between the different shades. The ones that look black in the jar come out super bright and last for weeks. The colors that look pretty in the jar have significantly less pigment, rinse out faster after dying, don't cover up other colors nearly as well, and wash out much faster. Manic Panic Cotton Candy Pink does almost nothing for either of us.

Ok I'm probably done geeking out about hair dye now.

Dekka

Just try me..
My hair no longer has blue in it. But on Dekka and I I used Beyond the zone. Very similar to manic panic (though the blue smelled delicious) But comes in a bottle with a pointy top. Easier to make hearts and things.

Laurelin

I'm All Ears
Purple happens every now and then here.

Summer mostly gets blue

[/QUOTE]

It's chalk and food dye.

pinkspore

Bat Ears Only
I tried Beyond the Zone a couple of times, but it didn't do more than lightly tint my hair and washed out right away. I don't lighten my hair before I dye it, so I need something really strong. Of course, the fuschia also turns everything it touches pink, so I've never managed to dye less than my entire dog. Hearts probably wouldn't be hearts after rinsing.

Members online

No members online now.