ESRA Diego

SpringerLover

I have a new foster. He arrived on Friday. He'd been in a temp foster for about a month for a variety of reasons. He is sadly in rescue because his owner died. He's kind of lost, but I'm seeing daily improvements. I didn't want to foster him initially for a variety of reasons. The biggest one because well, he looks like this.

He is a lot more work than I thought he'd be, but we're managing. He has some health issues we need to get under control before he's posted on the website. Today is the first day I'd say he's actually relaxing. Which could be a combination of pain meds, through a dog's ear CD, settling in, or something else. Or all of the above! He still barks when I'm gone for extended periods of time but I can go into the hallway for a short period of time, come back in the apartment, and he isn't freaked out. I really should add him to my blog, and update about him regularly, because he is going to be/already is a lot of work. But he really is a sweet dog who doesn't act his age. All he wants is to cuddle and go for walks.

Today I was able to trim his rear feet. This is a big deal because we've already had issues with handling.

SpringerLover

I never realized how huge of a network ESRA is until Diego.

In the last three days, over 2/3 of the cost of his surgery has been raised. Exclusively by springer people from all across the world. And it's not because someone wrote a sob story.

Diego is having surgery on Wednesday to surgically fix his broken wrist that was left untreated. Through the generosity of ESRA supporters, none of this will come out of the "general dog fund."

I am floored.

This is Diego's page: http://www.springerrescue.org/sponsor/specialneeds/diego-MN.html

Good thoughts for him on Wednesday will be much appreciated. I'm already worrying, and I know exactly what to expect.

Members online

No members online now.