Crosby is sick :-(

LauraLeigh

So I've been having problems with Crosby randomly throwing up since I've owned him, my first attempt was to check the house to the extreme, make sure there was nothing he was possibly getting into, it was all good.

Vet visit one came after he projectile vomited all over me at 3 am, and then in the morning again and I could see blood flecks in the vomit!

They treated him with a shot, and we did a week of Zantac for him, he did better for a week, by week two, he was getting sick again and one morning refused food, and was not interested in his walk (HIGHLY unusual) that led to vet visit two....

Vet visit two we switched his food to Taste of the Wild Duck and Sweet potato, added pro biotics and he was put on meds, again a week or so he seemed better, his poop was much better, no more second movement that was soft and nasty...

Last night out of the blue he projectile vomited all over me while he had his head on my lap sleeping, it was like he woke up, burped a bit and just as fast threw up :-(

Waiting for the vets to call, I'm extremely worried! He's been wormed, no fleas (Advantage) and I know he's not getting into anything, he's crated when I'm not home, walked on a leash and strictly on his food with not even treats right now.

Dekka

Just try me..
Dekka is a puker and has been all her life.

Here is hoping its a benign reason or an easily fixed one!

LauraLeigh

With Dekka is it "instant?" So to speak? I mean I've had dogs vomit, but they usually have warning or heave a couple times, with him it's just.... Fine to instant projectile vomit in a flash

My male PRTs seem to vomit off and on. Never blood flecks though.

Bandit used to puke on TOTW. But his was stomach bile. The food did not work for him.

With Bandit, I have taken him to the vet off and on for it and we have discussed it. But he always plays ball or has a ball in his mouth in various degrees of dirty. If you do not throw the ball for him, he will put it in dirt and actually roll it around with his feet, or put it in pine straw. We pretty much think his is more from irritation and stuff in his throat. He will cough and sometimes throw up. Not like your dog with the projectile vomit in his sleep. Or Bandit will gulp a bunch of water and cough/puke it up.

With Redford, he has always been a bit pukey. Redford is very high energy and he will eat his meal then if he sees you he spins around in his crate bouncing off the sides. I think he just shakes himself up and then barfs his supper and re-eats it. But that does not happen very often. I crate him and stay away for about an hour.

Good luck with your boy. I feels yours sounds a bit like Acid reflux.

Members online