Watch Dog

Normally, Shiva's idea of being a watch dog is for everyone to watch and applaud whatever she is doing . . . and food is always welcome in lieu of applause :rolleyes:

I haven't had the opportunity to take her with me in the car for awhile as it's just been too hot, so she has been pleading and pouting and jumping into whichever car door gets openned and refusing to get out.

It was cool last night and I had to make a short run to WalMart so I invited her to come with me. She sat gravely in the back seat all the way down the highway, breaking concentration every once in awhile to put her chin on my shoulder and snuffle my ear - and leaving me hoping I wouldn't be walking into WalMart with dog drool hair gel a la "There's Something About Mary."

I found a parking spot right on the front row across from one of the main entrances, right next to the handicapped spaces. Perfect. I left the back of the sunroof popped up (it's one of those dual things that either rolls back or vents up at the back edge) and the back windows vented and told her to watch the car and not allow anyone to touch the car. Setting the alarm, so to speak, lol.

I got through in record time for a Saturday night and got back to the car. There was a man waiting in the open windowed car parked next to us in the handicapped spot. Shiva was sitting in the back seat of our car just staring at him, not moving so much as a hair. The man visibly jumped when he heard me open the trunk, so I spoke to him and remarked that he was sitting in the second safest car in the WalMart parking lot. He asked me what I meant. I was amazed he hadn't seen Shiva sitting there staring at him all that time and I pointed her out to him. I thought he was going to go cardiac on me! After exclaiming "OH GOD!" a couple of times he looked at me with a weak grin and said, "you know, I never saw that dog, but I've been sitting here for the last twenty minutes with the creepiest feeling that I was being watched."

I think Shiva just has a very sadistic sense of humor . . .

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
i would have jumped too i think i can't even imagine! Shiva is a classy woman..no bark..no jumping about..pure class. lol

Members online

No members online now.