My little rant for today, dog babysitters.

oriondw

user not active
/rant

Our neighbors baby sit a dog twice a year for about a month.

Its a pretty big dog, 90lb maybe. Well its a pretty nasty dog. Toady saw him walking the dog, and a lady comes to them, they start talking and the dog just explodes at the lady. Barking, standing on back legs, etc.

So what did the guy do? Smack the dog on the head few times... Ugh.

My problem is that that dog does that even to us, and this month I have to run through back roads to avoid them with my dog. Such a pain...

Not to mention that my dog really hates it, because it scared him by barking/growilng really loud at him when he was a little puppy.

:mad:
/rant

Y

yuckaduck

Such a terrible thing but I think it is very smart and intelligent of you to avoid problems espically when you know that the potential is there. It is such a shame that people do not socialize there dogs better and train their dogs better. I think in order to get a dog from anyone it should be mandatory to take obedience lessons. Should be a law and that would eliminate some of these problems.

RD

Are you dead yet?
I cannot stand abusive dog sitters OR nasty dogs... No way would I leave a mean dog with a sitter - I'd take it to a boarding kennel. But if I was asked to watch a mean dog, the last thing I'd do would be to go hitting it and making its problem worse.

Hitting solves very little . . .

By this time next year, though, I doubt the dog will be growling at Orion, lol! And I suspect Orion will carry a grudge, so you'll have to be on your toes . . .

oriondw

user not active
Renee750il said:
Hitting solves very little . . .

By this time next year, though, I doubt the dog will be growling at Orion, lol! And I suspect Orion will carry a grudge, so you'll have to be on your toes . . .
Well. He's already at his adult height. 33" relaxed, add 4" inches with heckles raised. It still has enough courage to bark at us, and my pup reall hates it. :mad:

Orion's adult sized on the outside, just not on the inside yet. When he's about two to two and a half you'll see a real change in his demeanor. He'll have realized just exactly what he is . . . especially as compared to everything else. You'd be amazed at the change in Shiva since she's turned two. Charley took her on a walk for the Alzheimer's association here. There were quite a few dogs, and at one point the route passed a yard with a big Chow that charged the fence and barked and growled at every dog that passed - except Shiva. It ran back to it's own front porch and sat down when Shiva walked past, then ran back out to bark at the next dog after she was gone, and she hadn't even snarled at it, lol!

Members online

No members online now.