Vibes for the Glitch?

StillandSilent

Glitch is going in to be vasectomized tomorrow. I would have strongly preferred to wait a while longer (he is almost 6 months) but my job is very unstable right now, I need to get him taken care of while I can still get a staff discount.

Fingers crossed for a little whippet?

BostonBanker

I hope all goes smoothly and he is home safe and sound soon!

Out of curiosity, what is the advantage of waiting with a vasectomy?

StillandSilent

He's home! Surgery went perfectly and he's a sterile little monkey. He was very sad when I picked him up (though he had been screaming and flinging his waterbowl like a circus monkey flings poo a few minutes before- like the techs wouldn't tattle on him :p ). At home he snuggled on his papasan and was sad for a few hours, but he's eating dinner now and seems to be perking up. I'm dreading the next few days, because he's going to feel better quickly, and won't be able to play at daycare.

I will not be posting pictures of his swollen sac, but it's quite gross.

BostonBanker: No real health benefit to waiting as far as the procedure itself. I would just rather wait a bit longer before putting them under unless I absolutely have to. Especially with delicate little sighthounds, who are very sensitive to anesthesia.

BostonBanker

BostonBanker: No real health benefit to waiting as far as the procedure itself. I would just rather wait a bit longer before putting them under unless I absolutely have to. Especially with delicate little sighthounds, who are very sensitive to anesthesia.
Ah, that makes sense. Glad to hear that he came through well!

amberdyan

Yay! Glad he came out of it just fine. Also... when the heck did he get so big?! Whenever you talk about him I still picture the little guy from the ad you posted... he looks so much more grown up!

StillandSilent

I know, he's a monster! At almost 6 mos, he clocked in at 25lbs even, to Gimmicks 27. I'm going to have to post some updated pics of him tomorrow

Members online

No members online now.