If you feel immune from BSL - List of 75 banned or restricted breeds

mrose_s

BusterLove
lab, golden? i though the stereotypes ran both ways? didn't think they'd ever make it on the list.

this is so stupid, i can't believe this is happening

Aussie Red

Rebel With Cause
One wonders if this isn't the beginning of the end ? Now being that they have passed that mandatory spay/neuter law in California Nevada is trying to follow it.
I wonder if dogs will not be able to be owned one day and only seen in zoos and pictures and we can all say remember when.........

On the lighter side since they have the ACD listed and then listed the Blue Heeler does that mean Whiskey would be safe ? He is a red Heeler not noted on the list and since they seem to not know that Heelers are ACDs well? I know I will fix that I will revert back to them being known as The Queensland Heeler again and when they figure that out I will say they are Hall's Heelers lol

protodog

Although the list is pathetic and scary, I can't help but be amused that the Belgian Malinois, Tervuren, and Sheepdog are on the list, but the Laekenois is not. Short and long coats make dogs dangerous, but wire coats make them safe?

I live in area in which pits are banned, and I have a neighbor who is illegally keeping a dog-aggressive pit. Yet, this neighbor is one of the few neighbors with whom I have no problem--because he keeps his dog on a freakin' leash, unlike most of the people here in the Land of Unleashed Shih-tzus. Owner behavior is what matters, not the breed of dog.

SummerRiot

Dog Show Addict
I knew that the Belgian Malinois was on the restricted list..

the Belgian Tervuren being on is a new one for me though..

*sigh*..

stupid irresponsible owners..

why is the government so stupid too??

Ooooh, I got stickied. I feel special now, thanks Renee.

I sent in my location and my mom's to be added to the vigil. One thing that they didn't specify in this post is that they need your zip code as well.

What is the source of the list? Until then... this is just anti-hysteria hysteria!
Thanks for denigrating the effort. I've lived with BSL, so I don't care if its hysteria or not, I'm on board for anything that may help. It doesn't seem like hysteria when you're leaving your home in order to keep your dog. It says the source of the list is the RDOWS. If you have questions, why not ask them?

RDOWS does not source their list.

I don't care who wrote it, or for what cause. Its all Machiavellian B.S.

Until people learn to lay out facts and supporting statements, this world will get nowhere beyond BSL and ill- written lists.

skyeboxer

Until people learn to lay out facts and supporting statements, this world will get nowhere beyond BSL and ill- written lists.
So until you get a verified and certified list you will not take one minute out of your day to send an email that just might help?

I got a reply to my email BTW. We are adding our little flag to the map and small gesture as that is I am gald I made it.

Whisper

Kaleidoscopic Eye
Ugh. I despise BSL. :(
And, yes, every breed has the potential to be dangerous, even your stereotypical, always playful, never-aggressive golden retriever.

otch1

Hi Bahamutt, unable to open up the sight you posted. Wanted to see specific list you found, of states banning specific breeds, to date. Says webpage has expired?

Its supposed to be RDOWS.

The list however is not on the site, nor any mention on how they formulated it. While I find it likely that it is in fact correct (minus the 73 dogs instead of 75, as I pointed out) I do not like the idea that I can not find supporting evidence for their creation.

jason_els

I have to agree with this. If you're going to protest something you had better know what it is you're protesting inside and out because those who are for the legislation will know their side.

Pugs?? Who bans a pug? I'd want to know what municipalities ban which dogs and the legislation index number with exact wording of the ban legislation. Without that information any protest appears to be a knee-jerk reaction and lacks credibility.

I don't like breed legislation either, but if you're going to fight something you have to be credible and you can't be that if someone just hands you a list without any information.

ToscasMom

Harumph™©®
Bahah, I honestly and sincerely don't think anyone here wants to denigrate the effort. However, you can't fight BSL with a list that has no source. That makes it hearsay. It would not bode well in an argument at, say, a public hearing. I think that's what everyone is trying to say to you. Nobody means harm to you or your sweet dog.

jess2416

Who woulda thought

Whether its ill-written or not, the fact remains that this list could very well become a reality if something doesn't change

Bahah, I honestly and sincerely don't think anyone here wants to denigrate the effort. However, you can't fight BSL with a list that has no source. That makes it hearsay. It would not bode well in an argument at, say, a public hearing. I think that's what everyone is trying to say to you. Nobody means harm to you or your sweet dog.
You said it much better than me.

Its one of my pet peeves, I suppose. While I do completely sympathize with the sentiment, its ingrained in my head that the only proper way to state something is with a book of footnotes and citations attached. I'm one of the more skeptical people that anyone will ever meet, so I thoroughly enjoy a page of supporting documentation to anything stated ;)

Members online

No members online now.