So ANGRY!!!

Love4Pits

Playful Husky Pup
Well I talked to the police today with my brother. On was really supportive the other one i talked to thought it was pointless. Anyways I was told I probley won't be able to try them as adults as it wasent anything Major (what thats all about?). I was told not to lose hope on that though and that we still possibly could. I told them this wasent a small thing that the three dogs in the car were all rescues one an abuse case and very sensitive and emotionaly distraught from it all.

I was in tears at one point about it and said its a sad world we live when we're attack because of a breed of dog. I said I definatly wanted to take the jerks for all i could and am planning on getting a great lawyer. I already filed a Protection order because i am afraid of them or their friends attacking me and my dogs.

i really don't want to get into it all because it is an extremly long story but i will get justice no matter what.

Okay, Pits. The trick here is to emphasize that they attacked YOU. With weapons. That's the more serious crime in the eyes of the law. That's why you probably need to see a doctor and have your injuries documented professionally. Also, get that chest pain checked! It's probably nothing other than injured pectoral muscles, but the mere fact that it caused concern is good for your side of the case.

Remember, I've done this sort of stuff with clients before . . .

And, talk to the prosecuting attorney. Cops don't actually know the law. Never take legal, court oriented advice from a cop without checking it with at attorney who actually knows the law and knows how to research. Be polite, but don't pay too much attention to what the cops tell you about legal matters.

What Renee says makes total sense, if I were in your shoes I would follow it. I really hope it all goes your way from here on out with this.

Kevin45

Devout animal lover
Like others stated...get a medical report and a pic of where your face was cut. This will pull more weight in court. And MAKE SURE you follow thru with court proceddings. If not the little #$@%!^#& will do it again. Also push for community service as punishment. A good punishment would be working the summer at a local pound cleaning cages, feeding and watering animals etc. Maybe it would at least turn two of the three around. Of course if that had been me the first thing I would have done was to make sure no one was looking and then jerked their ass up between their ears. There is no sense in anyone teasing an animal of any kind. When I was growing up a neighbor kid painted a cat blue with oil paint and then stabbed it with a pocket knife. The poor cat suffered for a week before anyone could catch it and it finally passed before proper treatment could be given. All thru school that kid was never forgotton and hardly a week went by that someone didn't pound his butt. I think the cat finally got back at him. The main problem was not so much what the kid did to the cat although it was unforgivable but the main problem was the parents. Someone should have went up and punched their lights out. Every kid that they raised was problems in the communty and even their relation was the same way. Off my soapbox before I really start to rant. Just make sure you follow thru with court and push for community service as punishment. Kids hate to work.

Kevin

Barb04

Super Moderator
Doggie hugs & kisses to make you and the dogs feel better. I'm so so sorry to hear that something like this happened to you or anyone for that matter. What is wrong with some people in this world. It makes me so angry. I hope you heal quickly and never have to be in this situation again.

Also, listen to Renee's advice; she's great to have on our side when we need help.

That's disgusting!!! I hate people like that....we have neighbors (happen to have teenage boys there), and they were always rude. They annoyed us once while we were just taking a walk on the other side of the street. I told them I had a German Shepherd and not to mess with me ;). I hope you and your Pits feel better soon. I can't imagine how horrible that must've been :(. I hope they realize what they've done wrong.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
That is what i was thinking Renee..what about the rock that hit HER in the face? I wish i would have known Renee years and years ago..i think her advice could have spared me a ton of grief. The police don't always know..and i have had it happen where a violent act was just brushed off only to be followed by a bigger one.

bogolove

I wish I was with you and I wish we had a bat. I would have been so ticked had I seen that. They may have had to put me in jail because I amy have jumped on those kids and not been able to control my temper. Not really but you never know because I have no patience for animal abusers and people abusers and that is what they are. Why in the heck did they even start doing that to your poor dogs? Why not just keep walking along and not torment someone's pets like most normal human beings do. Those are the kind of kids that grow up to be serial killers.

Glennk

That is sad. I would have lost my cool if that ever happened to me. Those kids would have been in the hospital and I would have been in jail. Heck I would have infuriated to see someone throwing rocks at my Jeep even if there were no dogs in it. Bad parenting is what it comes down to. Sounds like poster kids for birth control.

Pitts, hope you and the pups are doing better. People need to realize that it is because of instance like this, that the pits, dobbies, rotties and other breeds have gotten a bad name, but you never hear of dangerous kids. Every time I hear of a dog attack, I often wonder what the child did to the dog to get it to attack. Please, for the sake of other dogs in your area, push to have these kids punished also try to get your local shelters involved. I agree that maybe if they have to work in shelter, it might just change their view on animals. Again I hope you and the dogs are OK, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Members online

No members online now.