Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog News and Articles

Old 04-09-2014, 01:00 PM
I'm All Ears

Default Ugh Gross.

http://www.nola.com/politics/index.s...ve_been_i.html

I feel like that needs to be shared more since I've seen this attack get labelled as a APBT.

What a gross breeder.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:12 PM
Member of WHODAT Nation.

This is local to me and a couple other here, It already has been labeled a pit and the news is having a hey day with it.

At least they are looking into the breeder more and the different types of pit looking dogs. still not great , but much different than the norm around here.

This is tragic . That poor little girl . i just want to kick the douchey parent in the head for putting the kids in danger.
Old 04-09-2014, 04:18 PM
Higbread Dingbat

Every time I see one of these hippo dogs it gives me the creeps.

Thankfully I've never actually met one in person (a positive side of BSL perhaps?)
Even my dad knows that a 130lbs "dog" isn't a pit bull.

Very tragic
Old 04-09-2014, 05:48 PM
Kung Pow Fish

dog in question was a Giant/XL Ambully, sired by a dog known to produce severe HA. we are all ****ing pissed about it, i am personally trying to get something done about it, beyond word of mouth/reputation.

so sick of inbreeding being tossed around as the cause of everything from world hunger to murder. STOP MAKING **** UP, NEWS PEOPLE!
Old 04-10-2014, 02:40 AM
Top Dog

Ya I grew up by a community where inbreeding is quite common, and you will never ever ever convince me that tight inbreeding, ie sibling or parent to off spring, especially over a few generations isn't going to affect the off spring. EVER, I have seen first hand the result of it in people and it ain't good, no way it's good for dogs.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:19 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

I have seen a few AM bullies here, and the ones I have met are very sweet dogs. But I also agree, inbreeding is a slippery slope best stayed away from.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:58 AM
and Fozzie B!

Ughhh so heart wrenchingly AWFUL!!! WHY. WHY was a toddler left alone with two intact dogs, one in heat!? I have heard countless stories about children being mauled when left with an intact male and a bitch in heat. Children should not be left alone with dogs period, but that is taking neglect and stupidity to a whole new level!!!

All of the Bullies I've met have been super friendly... However, being friends with some Bully breeders, I can see how some of them would overlook aggressive lines in favor of looks/color/whatever. When beefiness and "rare colors" come before temperament, especially with huge powerful dogs, something can go very wrong. I agree that inbreeding is often wrongly maligned. BUT, if you're heavily inbreeding and there happens to be some HA in the line, you're going to emphasize the HA way more than if you weren't inbreeding.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 04-29-2014, 08:26 AM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruffiangirl View Post
Ya I grew up by a community where inbreeding is quite common, and you will never ever ever convince me that tight inbreeding, ie sibling or parent to off spring, especially over a few generations isn't going to affect the off spring. EVER, I have seen first hand the result of it in people and it ain't good, no way it's good for dogs.
Wait ... You have seen examples of human inbreeding??? ... Ewww!