Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 10-13-2013, 09:07 AM
I'm All Ears

Well so far the only thing I got her to eat was a bunch of rotisserie chicken.

I mixed up the Ziwipeak (her favorite usually), with the canned food and some cheese and heated it up and she snubbed it.

At least I got some chicken in her but she can't just eat chicken breast for 10 days.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:27 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

Will she eat like a boiled chicken/cooked rice/cottage cheese mixture?

Or maybe like canned tuna, or something, since it is super stinky...

Honestly, I wouldn't be worried about 100% complete nutrition for the next following days, I'd be more worried about just getting her to eat. There are always actually appetite stimulants that you can get rx'd by your vet to encourage her to eat...but I wouldn't think that should be necessary. But then, trying to wrap my head around a dog that won't even eat table scraps is making my brain hurt. LOL

I've had very good success getting animals to eat Hills A/D when they otherwise wouldn't want to eat. That was the only food Dameon would touch when he had pneumonia and zero appetite due to feeling like poo.

Old 10-13-2013, 09:31 AM
I'm All Ears

I've been thinking about doing some chicken/rice/something mixture. I'm not too worried about it being perfectly balanced but if I could get her more than just cooked chicken breast that might be better, right? Maybe I should look up some home cooked dog food recipes?

Summer likes her kibble, lol. It's odd to me that she eats kibble so much better than yummy stinky food.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:43 AM
Rollin' with my bitches

Honestly, she probably could just eat chicken breast for the next 10 days and be fine, lol. 10 days isn't long enough to create any kind of deficiency to my knowledge.

But anyway, what about something like chicken breast and boiled/mashed sweet potato? Or is it truly a texture thing and that won't work either? You could use white potato too, obviously, my dogs just all like sweet potato so that's the first thing I thought of. Boiling the potato in chicken broth would make it more appetizing as well.

Summer, stop being so weird! Who doesn't eat canned food???

Old 10-13-2013, 10:25 AM
I'm All Ears

I think the potato is a good idea. Maybe I can get her to eat some potato/rice and boiled chicken?

She doesn't like cottage cheese though.

Sometimes she'll eat scrambled eggs, so maybe add in some of that. I have some pumpkin and canned tuna as well. In the past, I am pretty sure she avoided the pumpkin but it's worth a shot. I also picked up a small can of Royal Canin Appetite Stimulation food. Not very optimistic but worth a shot.

She is very weird. This is why raw never worked for her- she hates any mushy textured food.

time to get creative. Mia is getting fat though gobbling up all the stuff Summer is refusing.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Top Dog

What about ground meat?.