Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-30-2013, 07:18 PM
Not a Border Collie

Both Ned and Quinn were riding loose in the back of the car this morning, and Ned put his two front feet on the back of my mom's seat. Apparently this is against the rules because Quinn, very deliberately and carefully put her nose under Ned's throat, lifted him so his front feet were off the ground, turned him, and put him down again.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 09-30-2013, 08:34 PM
I'm All Ears

I sometimes wonder how much of what Mia does is intentional. After agility I had to make a (for real) emergency Walmart stop. So I locked the leftover meat from training in the center console. I came back in and the console was still closed. I opened it and the bag of meat was GONE.

It's almost creepy.
Old 09-30-2013, 10:57 PM
Duuuuude.

I don't take baths, but I decided to soak in one with some Epsom salt for my knee tonight. I left the door open and Rowan came in. He came right up to the edge, got all wide-eyed when he saw that I was WILLINGLY sitting in ~WATER~ like a crazy person, and spent a solid minute looking between the water and me as if to emphasize that he couldn't believe I'd do such a horrible thing.

Then, because he's a mama's boy, he lied down by the tub anyway until I got out.

I love my goofy dog.

Kendall & the Red Dogs: Rowan & Riff
Old 10-01-2013, 08:34 AM
Top Dog

Zinga is on hardcore bootcamp.

She mangled, destroyed, demolished two wire crates on Sunday. TWO. One had to be welded back together, the other had to be strongly convinced to regain it's square shape.

Crate games, impulse control games, no more obnoxious nonstop wrestling with Zip Tie. Bootcamp.

She's fine in a crate when nothing is going on, but the first one was ruined when she was sitting at work and I had Zuma out working agility. The second was ruined when I was working Zip Tie at a disc dog playdate that evening. She's fine if it's her choice to stay somewhere (we do a lot of pedestal work, each dog holds there position while I work the other), but the second she's actually restrained, she flips out.

Yesterday started well, lets just see if I can keep it up for the next few weeks.
Old 10-01-2013, 10:30 AM
Meagan&TheCattleDogCrew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paviche View Post
I don't take baths, but I decided to soak in one with some Epsom salt for my knee tonight. I left the door open and Rowan came in. He came right up to the edge, got all wide-eyed when he saw that I was WILLINGLY sitting in ~WATER~ like a crazy person, and spent a solid minute looking between the water and me as if to emphasize that he couldn't believe I'd do such a horrible thing.

Then, because he's a mama's boy, he lied down by the tub anyway until I got out.

I love my goofy dog.
I'm very much a bath person. Harlow RUNS into the bathroom once the water starts running as she loves, loves, loves to drink fresh bathwater out of my hands. She will climb up on the tub and just wait and it cracks me up. Rider gets locked in the bathroom with me because he knows I'm not watching him and uses that time to lick/rip up our sheets. Snotface.

Harlow 2010 Boxer :: Rider 2012 ACDx :: Tulsa 2014 ACD

http://trailingcattle.blogspot.com/
Old 10-01-2013, 11:35 AM
Top Dog

So my grandfather's dog is seriously overweight. She should 40-50lbs. He took her to the vet last week and she had GAINED 4 lbs, taking her to 70lbs. He thought she was losing weight since she don't eat dog food. So I asked what she eats...
He's been feeding her corned beef hash...

The vet told him that was fine since it had "something" in it. (I don't remember what he said.)

Then he feeds my dog twenty treats and says to her "We'll have to stop or Mommy will get mad."

Lol I love my Papa but he's not a dog savy person. (He LOVES Gwen though and gets upset if I don't bring her.)

Australian Kelpie and Coursing Fiend~ 2
http://fuzzycircus.blogspot.com/

Passion Parties Consultant
https://erinnmitsch.yourpassionconsultant.com/index.asp
Old 10-01-2013, 06:09 PM
Uffda!

Walter went to the vet today and happy wee'd all over floor when both the vet and the tech greeted him.

Is it weird that my puppy is so happy to see the vet that he wees on himself?

Apparently it didn't bother her. She said if I ever needed to re-home him she'd take him in a second.

"The great secret, Eliza, is not having bad manners or good manners or any other particular sort of manners, but having the same manner for all human souls: in short, behaving as if you were in Heaven, where there are no third-class carriages, and one soul is as good as another." George Bernard Shaw Pygmalion
Old 10-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Silence, peasants.

Wesley ate the eye out of my border collie stuffed animal's head. Trying not to take this as a bad omen bahaha.

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 10-01-2013, 08:36 PM
I'm All Ears

Summer keeps sprinting off of this wall and scaring me to death.

Old 10-01-2013, 10:21 PM
Silence, peasants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgygirl View Post
Walter went to the vet today and happy wee'd all over floor when both the vet and the tech greeted him.

Is it weird that my puppy is so happy to see the vet that he wees on himself?

Apparently it didn't bother her. She said if I ever needed to re-home him she'd take him in a second.
Hahaha, Wesley loved the vet techs as a puppy. So cute.

Feistea, ze Blog