Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Forum News > The Fire Hydrant

Old 09-27-2013, 11:12 AM
Stinky Butt

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
Not sure if its teething (she's not too cranky during the day but has other signs) or just 4 month sleep reversion...

Lillian's been waking up every hour or two hours for four nights. I am beyond exhausted. Last night she slept 12-3 and I considered it a good night please tell me there's something I can do???
Has she had a cold lately? If this is not normal for her, I would also wonder if she might have an ear infection. Just something to consider. Is it hard to get her back down and settled when she wakes? Ear infections are by far the one thing that have caused major havoc on my kids sleep...way more than teething which I blamed many times only to find out a week later once a fever finally presented that it was an ear infection.

Once my kids are more solid sleepers, if they wake more than once or complain or pain, I always give them pain reliever. I don't think you can do Ibuprofin (Advil) until 6 months, but you might try some Tylenol to see if it helps.

And just for the record, I had TERRIBLE sleepers until well after the first year for both of them. Once I FINALLY night weaned them it helped a lot, but it was just so much easier to pop a boob in their mouth than to deal with the all out tantrum they would throw if I withheld it. I had to wean my son when my husband was out of town bc the crying was so disruptive to his sleep! My 4 yr old is an awesome sleeper now and my 2 yr old son a decent sleeper, he's getting there.
Old 09-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Top Dog

No...I just took her to the dr for coughing a bit (like, once or twice a day) and they checked her ears, too. They said it was allergies or just dry air. She's otherwise 100% acting normal.

Mostly she wakes up, eats, and goes right back to sleep.

Everything I've heard/read says this is typical at this age (4 month sleep regression)...it just sucks

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 09-27-2013, 01:07 PM
PSD Partner

Nico didn't sleep through the night till he was in his own room almost a month ago. So since today he is 11 months old, he didn't sleep through the night till he was 10 months. My other 3 were sleeping through the night (5-7 hours) by the time they were 3-4 months old. For Nico he was up anywhere between 2-4 times a night. Always for a quick feeding and then right back to sleep.

I was also lucky that none of my kids ever get ear infections. Not even Nico, which I was surprised with since I was told they are more prevalent in babies born with clefts. I don't clean their ears except the outside of it.

WOW 11 months. Better start b-day plans. Have no idea what the theme will be. Time has been flying with so much else going on.
Old 09-27-2013, 05:23 PM
Bite Club

Mm- it does really suck. I've been there - for much longer than I'd like to admit. I hope it passes for you quickly!! When Clarissa hit 6 months we started putting her down awake and letting her put herself to sleep. (Not cry to sleep) I think 6 months is the earliest you can do that though , before then they are too young to understand. It really helped her sleep and nap better though! She is still up one to two times a night to eat but it's a lot better than every 1-2 hours. Hang in there it will get better! I know it's hard to see the light at the end of the tunnel when you are in it though. Hugs!

~Aura & Riley~
Old 09-28-2013, 02:50 AM
and Fozzie B!

Omg, all of the babies are soooo cute! I love that so many of our babies were born within the past year or so... it must be something in the Chaz water?

I love Riley's little mohawk! He looks so grown up. I want to give Malakai a mohawk, but it might look weird with curly hair. Lol

Ohhh the joys of teething... Malakai has 2 on top and 2 on the bottom, and his doctor said his molars are already coming in. And he has the attitude to prove it, I'm constantly freezing things to get him through it. I'm seriously reminded of having a puppy, trying to chew on anything for relief.

<3 Erica, Gonzo & Fozzie
Old 09-28-2013, 06:51 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by milos_mommy View Post
No...I just took her to the dr for coughing a bit (like, once or twice a day) and they checked her ears, too. They said it was allergies or just dry air. She's otherwise 100% acting normal.

Mostly she wakes up, eats, and goes right back to sleep.

Everything I've heard/read says this is typical at this age (4 month sleep regression)...it just sucks
This is Everleigh too. She goes 3 hours after she initially falls asleep, maybeeee 4 but then is up every two hours to eat. If we didn't bed share, is die. I wake up just enough to roll us over, stick my boob in her mouth and then go back to sleep. She eats and then goes to sleep.
I talk to him when I'm lonesome like; and I'm sure he understands. When he looks at me so attentively, and gently licks my hands; then he rubs his nose on my tailored clothes, but I never say naught thereat. For the good Lord knows I can buy more clothes, but never a friend like that. ~W. Dayton Wedgefarth

Buddy Girl - 2000-2013. "Blessed is he who has earned the love of an old dog."

Obi - 7 year old Incorrigible Dog.

Old 10-01-2013, 09:11 AM
Top Dog

So we switched offices for Falon's six month shots and the new doctor appears to be full of crap. She claimed that at six months babies should be sleeping for 10-12 hours UNINTERRUPTED and that if we didn't start feeding purees right now she would take months to eat properly....in related news, we're going to be switching doctors again. But, Falon is happy and healthy and because of the magic that is baby Ibuprofen was only sad for a couple hours over her poor sore legs.

16lbs 11oz, 25 inches long, and ADORABLE.

Untitled by taqroy, on Flickr

I have a blog!! TeamShortLegs - Last updated 10/13/2013
Old 10-01-2013, 10:03 AM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taqroy View Post
So we switched offices for Falon's six month shots and the new doctor appears to be full of crap. She claimed that at six months babies should be sleeping for 10-12 hours UNINTERRUPTED and that if we didn't start feeding purees right now she would take months to eat properly....in related news, we're going to be switching doctors again.

Its scary what awful advice supposed experts give sometimes!

And wow, she is so freaking cute
Old 10-01-2013, 11:36 AM
Top Dog

Lilly slept from like 9-6:30 last night and I'm so happy. (Granted, she picked the one and only night since I've had her that
I've gone out, and I didn't get to bed until 1am, but it's the thought that counts

In other news, she's trying to crawl. Getting her knees up under her and pushing off...she still can't balance on her hands (or one arm, only both forearms) so right now it's just a weird wormy attempt at an army crawl, and she doesn't get very far or fast...but she's moving with her knees at less than 4 months.

Today we discussed future child-leashing. She's already super high energy...I wouldn't use it all the time but if I can't keep both eyes on her and its a matter of safety, I'll put her on one. her dad thinks leashes are for parents who are too lazy to watch/keep up with their toddlers. I think he's grossly underestimating how fast a 2 year old can move.

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 10-01-2013, 12:31 PM
I'd rather be at Disney

MM, He'll learn quickly that he isn't as fast as he thinks he is and that toddlers are a lot faster than one might think LOL. it didn't take long for Hannah to be able to outrun me. THANKFULLY, she was never one to just run off but I had a leash purchased and ready to use at any moment. I always brought one along on our Disney trips just incase Hannah wanted to walk in huge crowds of people. She never did though, being knee high in a crowd of people where she can't see anyway out freaked her out and she preferred to be up in her stroller (which helped us move quicker as well lol)

As for the sleeping issues, it's a phase. unfortunately, sleeping phases don't stop once they are out of infancy or even toddlerhood. Hannah just went through one where she wasn't able to fall asleep until 11 at night (even though she has had a hard 8 o clock bedtime for YEARS with a very established routine) and then she would be up three to four times during the night. This went on for at least a month. Now all of a sudden... she's zonked out at 8 and sleeps through the night again, only getting up for a potty break sometimes.

“Meaninglessness does not come from being weary of pain. Meaninglessness comes from being weary of pleasure.”

G.K. Chesterton
“Family fun is as necessary to modern living as a kitchen refrigerator.” – Walt Disney