New garden pics

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
My friend Cindy is sorely tempted and thinking about it. She has many plants that have some toxicity. Crown of thorns, euphorbias. all have a stsicky sap that can irrate the skin. There are many cactus that are quite painful. I was once called a cactus coward because all of mine had as little of thorns as possible. I worked in a tropical plant store tho. The man who brought them in had horrible arthritis and attributed to the repititon of irration. Who knows. One thing tho in the info it said a substantial amount was needed so it is not like lily of the valley that I will not have in my yard. Such a little leads to such sorrow. I thank you for the heads up. It can't stay here anyway because i have only a litle weak winter sun through one window. I have one plant in the garden that I have to make sure I remove the cherry red berries. They come up in a big stalk and look as bright as cherries. Cut that off and get it gone. I can't believe the number of people that have poke growing here. I get that gone for good too. All poison ivy must die die die.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
plants may like compost but I think they like laughter too. My happy gardeners.
vid

A little work on the club house in their favorite spot.

WHile Aiden did a great job at clean up, Baylee painted the rocks, the swing and the plants a lovely color. Which all came off in that pitiful rain we had this morning.

AFter that a little fun before it was time to go home.

Aiden didn't comment on the missing sunflowers but he sure pointed out the morning glories. Blue is his absolute favorite color. I love that he notices. I did give him the big head of seed from his sunflower to tie to his tree at home.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Best swing ever. Want to come hang out in my garden? Makes Baylee happy.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
Hyia said "Oh that is pretty. What plant is that?" without recognizing it was her own rose bush. sighs.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
When everything else is dying down, tired looking and dull, this plant comes back so fast it's hard to believe all shiny and new. It will pretty much stay like this right through the snow, and into the spring. ONce it starts getting hot, it is gone.

Happy Halloween

sitting rocks

my view

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
We are all waiting

I see the iris are sending up the tips of their leaves. I keep telling myself only a few more weeks. Drolling over a seed catalog my friend Cindy brought me. THinking of a few things I would like to do differently.

When they come in like this I always think the Red Coats are here. One thing for sure, it means it's about to turn very cold and they need to tank up. Most of the girls are on the ground, the males seem to watch from above and take turns being look outs.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
you know it is cold when there are this many foot prints in the snow.

Barb04

Super Moderator
I love the pics of the birds. I used to have books when I was little of all kinds of birds with pictures. I would sit in my backyard and try to find all the different kinds.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
We are suppose to get about 8 inches. I sure don't need a weather man to tell me what is coming. THe red coats say it all. WE have food, we have fire wood, and are all ready. THis is a timely snow and should make for an excellent spring.

THere is no way to get them all in, I wish I Could. YOu could see red dots scattered in the trees down the hill. I guess they are waiting their turn. THank you GG for the 20 lbs of oil seed.

can you have too many cardinal pics? LEt me know..I can't pull myself away from the window. IT's hard not to want to share.

no cutting in line

and here is my baby making it through her second winter. I would know blueblopsunshine baby anywhere with her sunrise on her breast.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier

Above, the watch out Daddy club
Below taking turns

IF I had fancy equipment I would make a blind out there so I could get really good shots, but even so, if you click on the magnifying glass two times, you see them as big as I do, and it's big enough to draw or paint from. THey are just so pretty.

Last edited:

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
IT is sooooooo time. Seeds, check. Same old cheap 20 cent packets that I can afford but who cares, they grow. THat is where my bach buttons and nasturtiums come from, and they grew just fine.
Dirt, found on the bargain table at Walgreen's knocked off 5 dollars. YAY seed starter all the way. Ready. Grandchildren coming this week, and Patrick too, my garden buddy. He is moving back to my street so you bet he has to plant him some things to grow, So check on that too. Hyia wants to get a plot in the community garden by the Y. So I will call about that in the morning. SHe wants watermelons and such that take way more room, and require more light than I have here. So hopefully soon to be check on that.

IN the meantime, how can you look at a fence, every day for a couple years and not see. And then one day you turn around, and say, Hey Hyia, bring me one of your sticks of charcoal I want to show you something.
First we fuond these two foxes. This is what I saw out of the corner of my eye today.

Hyia found this one.

I told her,, there's a horse. SHe said you do it, so I did.

I so need to be working in the ground. WE stopped at this point because I didn't want to waste her good charcoal. I will however get some chalk and see when Jory my grandson comes if he can find some critters to add to our fence collection. If it were my fence, I would paint them in but it isnt'. WE rent.

Aiden and I have been practicing. we took turns drawing the dirt and sunshine. I drew the seed, he watered it with his blue crayone and plants iwth flowers grew. STill, something was missing ohoh oh a pollinator. Voila, carrots and watermelons and pumpkins oh my. He thought it was so much fun we had do draw our garden over and over and over again.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.