Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-19-2013, 09:03 PM
Twin 2

I sometimes don't like being smart But seriously, I feel better now which means I know it was the right decision. And it also gives me the chance to build up to it more, I like the anticipation and it feels better to be looking at a plan for the near future.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:30 PM
Top Dog

Do you not plan on keeping a puppy from the Zip/Didgie litter? That would make 4. Of course, that's also a couple of years away...

Booty Dancing In Heaven 10/13/03-9/15/12
As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:43 PM
Twin 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillandSilent View Post
Do you not plan on keeping a puppy from the Zip/Didgie litter? That would make 4. Of course, that's also a couple of years away...
No, I'm planning on importing another Koolie in about three or so years instead of keeping back a puppy.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:02 PM
Top Dog

Then dooooooooo it! Of couse I'm on a puppy high right now, so take anything I say with a grain of salt

As much as I try to be one of those easygoing 'spread your wings and fly' types, I just can't stop trying to burst people into flames with my mind.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:11 PM
Top Dog

OOps, double post

Last edited by StillandSilent; 08-19-2013 at 11:12 PM. Reason: 2x post
Old 08-20-2013, 07:14 AM
& the Muttly Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linds View Post
I sometimes don't like being smart But seriously, I feel better now which means I know it was the right decision. And it also gives me the chance to build up to it more, I like the anticipation and it feels better to be looking at a plan for the near future.
Glad to hear you are happy with and confident in your decision. Sounds like you are doing the right thing for you and your crew, even if it's the harder choice

And yes, being responsible is not fun at all sometimes :P But it pays off in the long run...we hope!

ARCHX U-CD Kim MX MXJ NF CL3-SF RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Golden Ditzhund, b. ~Mar'07
MACH ARCHX U-CD Webster MXB MJB RL3/2X/1X-COE CGC -- Flying Houdini, b. ~Jun'07
Mira CD JH MX MXB MXJ MJB CGC WCX -- Princess Cheeseface, b. Jul'09
Lodin -- Crazy Monkeybean, b. Dec'13
Old 08-20-2013, 08:29 AM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

Glad you made a decision you feel right about. I know it's so hard to pass up a good breeding though.

Bamm is 7 and while he isn't necessarily old he does seem to be slowing down already.

Cricket and Joey are probably only a few months apart in age so I'm sure I'm going to more than likely end up dealing with two seniors at the same time later on down the road. I don't regret my decision adding Joey to the family based on that though.

To be honest, I really want another Ibizan now. It's all I ever think about most of the time. I want one I can actually show. I want one that I can eventually run with Joey in coursing so he doesn't have to run alone half the time. We don't run into a lot of beezers at the coursing fields unfortunately and he runs better with competition. I wish we were ready now. My heart is ready right now, but my finances and living situation aren't ready right now and that's been tough. I've had to look away from some really nice litters.

I do have my eyes on a couple pups from a particular line that are turning out real nice. If it all works out I'm hoping at this point to end up with a puppy out of one of them if they turn out to be exactly what I'm looking for with a contract I can stand behind. Of course none of these pups will be bred for at least another 2 more years or so so that is the timeframe I've been giving myself for future beezer at this point. 2 years seems like such a long time right now, but it gives me time to prepare myself and it will give a little more of a gap between age in our crew.

If you were looking at Ibizans I could totally give you a list of breeders that have great dogs. As for greys, I love them so much but don't know a lot of the greyhound breeders to give you some direction. A beezer would totally fit with your crew and they can be pretty cuddly to boot though just sayin'.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Itztli- Standard size coated Xoloitzcuintle
Old 08-20-2013, 11:47 AM
Top Dog

Im not as worried about age gaps since Hobie and Red were 5 years apart and I lost Red 3 years before Hobie who was the older dog. Red and Judge were 3 years apart. I have a 4 year gap between Judge and LoLa. But will only have a 2 1/2 year gap between LoLa and Exe.

The age gaps at all relative to the situations, IMO.

I am getting Exe and to be honest, I had concerns at first. I was supposed to be adding an AST next and had to back out of a litter. Then deciding whether to keep Sherman or start fresh and buy a different puppy or breed Judge to get the puppy I wanted. It's hard. There are some days watching Sherman work that I wonder if I made the right decision. I know I did in my head and heart but puppy dilemmas suck.
The OldMan Hobie-CGC Rotten Old Dog 11/14/99-01/08/2013
Talulajhs RedChrome Kahpone-CGC TT BH TDI 10/31/04-06/07/10.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Twin 2

So I talked to the breeder last night and she did say that she's really not sure when her girl is coming into heat and it could be a couple/few months so I'm not writing it off completely.

If it happens that it works out and a puppy would be available Spring/Summer than yay, that would be perfect and make me feel so much better! But I'm going to keep looking around and not angst anymore. But would be super nice if it worked out like that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by skittledoo View Post
If you were looking at Ibizans I could totally give you a list of breeders that have great dogs. As for greys, I love them so much but don't know a lot of the greyhound breeders to give you some direction. A beezer would totally fit with your crew and they can be pretty cuddly to boot though just sayin'.
I really like Ibizans but one of the things I was looking for was large and more laid back.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:51 PM
♥Chloe & Violet♥

Chloe - 9 y/o Dachshund/Chihuahua | Violet - 3 y/o Siberian Husky
Rest in peace - Holly (Siberian Husky)|Misty (Siberian Husky)|Princess (Silky Terrier)
Forever in my heart - Dixie (Yorkshire Terrier)|Lucy (Silky Terrier/Yorkie Mix)