New foster boy - name suggestions!

I picked this guy up from the shelter yesterday. He is smaller than Venice (maybe about 40lbs) and is very sweet, wiggly and affectionate. Poor guy was urgent at the shelter (can't be adopted in Ontario) and may have the beginnings of demodex, probably due to stress.

I like him a LOT. He's got some anxiety in the crate and definitely doesn't like to be alone (my poor upstairs neighbours) but he's a really fun little dude. Walks well on leash, settles well in the apartment with me, unless he's out with Venice. He is super friendly and lovey with other dogs but is an idiot - he has no idea what calming signals are and not an ounce of sense about when to back off and go lie down, so there is a lot of interruption when they are loose. He is PLAY PLAY ZOOMIE HUMP PLAY. Mostly he is tethered to me, to save Venice's sanity.

Anyway, he needs a name! My mother mentioned The Story of Ferdinand - the bull who would rather lie around in the sun than fight with a matador. I think Ferdinand sounds like a dumb name but Ferdy is super cute!

Holy crap he's beautiful! Who are you fostering with? BIN?

All my Ontario fugitive fosters have been black or black with white. :)

Ferdinand was one of the names I tried out with my first foster pup but it was just too clumsy. So I named him Lorenzo, Enzo for short. He's living an awesome life out East now.

Allison, I've fostered with BIN in the past but this guy is through SWM. My first BIN foster was named Ozone and looked a whole lot like Enzo, based on the couple of photos I've seen of him.

Most of the pit bull fosters I've had have been black and white too. Or rather, a really dark seal. This guy is the first actually black one I think!

I've had a lot of suggestions but I still think I like Ferdy best. :)

He is officially Ferdy! :) Thanks everyone!

Allison, SWM is only about a year old and is run by the ladies who took over BIN when V went on hiatus. :) They are an all-breed rescue but definitely have a big soft spot for pit bull type dogs.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
I think Ferdy is Ferdy, the name stuck, and it suits him. I am glad he is a happy wiggly little boy.:)

Members online

No members online now.