Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 08-16-2013, 09:06 AM
BRT - "the black watch"

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassafras View Post
I like my Noz2Noz.
Ditto.
Ditto.
Ditto.

Noz2Noz ... in the long run,
it's well worth the extra $$$.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:59 PM
Top Dog

I just got a noz2noz off kijiji for $45 and that thing is fantastic!
Old 08-18-2013, 11:05 PM
Big Dog

I have an old wire crate that I use in my Van for Kris as it is big enough but I am on the lookout for a better one. I have a big airline crate I use in the house that is a great size but has the flimsiest door on it. A few times she has pawed at it and gotten out during the night. Why they would make such a big crate then put a door on it that is not even half as strong as on my little crates, I do not know. I got it for free from a friend so not complaining but wish I could figure out how to make the door more secure on it.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:33 AM
I'm All Ears

I like N2N in theory. I know loads of people that use them and they are great. However both my dogs can escape them in relative ease even if you latch it shut. I was very close to buying one but am glad I didn't after borrowing one of my trainer's for both dogs in nosework. Summer absolutely never gets in trouble or escapes... Except for the soft crates. I can't count the times I've left Summer in the crate in the building to go watch the other dogs work and I come back to Summer running loose inside and the crate unzipped (top or side door).

I use wire crates. I have one from petco and one from petsmart and the petco one is much sturdier. Mia can open the petsmart one in no time flat so Summer has to use that one. For some reason I thought they'd be the same but the latches are totally different.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Top Dog

The one i picked up has clips attached that you use to clip the zipper pulls to so they cant be scratched open. Diesel does the same thing, and then when i clipped the mesh exercise pen shut he figured out that the bottom wasnt attached and lifted it up, LOL.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:53 AM
I'm All Ears

This one has a clip on the front but not the top opening. It's also used so I am not sure if it broke off or if they just don have a clip on the top? The pictures I looked up look like they don't.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:55 AM
Sport Model Pug

When Izzie was escaping out of the top of her soft kennel on a trip last year, I ended up tying the zippers on the top together with a poop bag (I imagine a zip tie would also work)

Izzie the Wonderpug RA AGIS AGJIS MADC AGDC MSDC CGN

The Proudest Pug
Old 08-19-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm All Ears

I used to zip tie my old pop up crate so they couldn't undo it. But that thing was so lightweight and cheap that they could roll I end over end like a hamster ball. Then Mia chewed through it.

I definitely think tying the top would work but just be aware if you get one that dogs can escape through the top opening. I'm glad I'm not be only one with issues keeping dogs in those things. Most my friends' dogs stay in them, even the really crazy ones!
Old 08-19-2013, 12:52 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurelin View Post
This one has a clip on the front but not the top opening. It's also used so I am not sure if it broke off or if they just don have a clip on the top? The pictures I looked up look like they don't.
No clip on the top. But it's easy enough to put a small snap through both zipper tabs.