Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > The Breeding Ground

View Poll Results: Do you consider your dog "breed worthy", hypothetically?
Yes 31 36.47%
No 34 40.00%
Almost 15 17.65%
This is a dog forum? 5 5.88%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-26-2013, 11:20 PM
Top Dog

No, Gage and Diesel and mutts.

Bristol is mostly Shih Tzu, she could be purebred, but I doubt it, she is 6 or 7 lbs lighter then her mother (but perhaps the father was tiny, no one knows. She almost never holder her tail curled up over her back, unless its to keep it from dragging in dirt, it is down, LOL. I think there was Chihuahua somewhere in her dads side, due to her size and the fact that the fur on the sides of her head doesnt grow long like regular Shih Tzu fur does.
Old 07-28-2013, 06:41 PM
Like a bat outa' hell

Pan is not consider breed worthy yet, but he is being kept intact for the breeder. So we will we how he matures. Get him appraised hopefully and if he passes that get his health tested and go from there.

Teagan Westhighland White Terrier
Panzer South African Boerboel Mastiff
Old 07-28-2013, 07:50 PM
Silence, peasants.

I've decided I'm just going to breed Wesley and ze puppy. A little being neutered never stopped anyone.

Who wants borderdoodles?!

Feistea, ze Blog
Old 07-30-2013, 09:17 AM
Big Dog

Short answer: No.

Cara and Mia are mixes. As for Jaia, there are just a couple things that would make me hesitate. His pedigree contains some hips with "fair" ratings. Otherwise, I think he's an excellent representation of the breed.

B'asia is nearly breed-worthy. She is, however, very high-strung. I don't know any of her siblings, so it could just be a quirk of her personality. And I'm sure some people would love a dog with such a high drive.
Old 07-30-2013, 10:26 AM
Happy Lab

I am absolutely positive that Mollie is not breed worthy, because she came from a backyard breeder and her parents weren't tested. Our trainer tells us she most likely will get hip dysplasia when she gets older, and she isn't registered. I'm not interested in breeding puppies out of her because I know they won't be high quality.

Sadly, we didn't know three years ago when we got her about the danger of BYBs, so please don't jump on me for that. Now, I would never buy from a BYB because I now know about the hazards involved.

Anyway, we love Mollie whether or not she is breed able.

-Dave Barry
Old 12-03-2013, 04:42 PM
Active Pup

I read this thread and had to LOL at the thought of my dogs being breed worthy! They're perfect house pets though
Old 12-04-2013, 05:26 AM
Top Dog

I really don't know about the conformation side. I think she's pretty and she was called show quality by her breeder so I suspect her conformation is decent. However, given her congenital issues I would never breed this dog. She had a persistent hymen resulting in recurrent UTIs and had some weird band of tissue that they actually thought was an ectopic ureter and had to take her to an exploratory surgery to ensure it wasn't. Se also has a heart murmur. No pups for this one!

Kristie and the Apex Agility Greyhounds:
Summit (BBF Dropout) - Retired from racing, not life
Kili (Lakilanni Where Eagles Fly) - Sports Illustrated Model: Beautiful and Athletic
Old 12-06-2013, 09:02 AM
Top Dog

Possibly? We'll have to wait and see.

Conformation wise, he's a very nice dog. He's still young and skinny, but the parts are in the right places. I can't wait to see how he looks as he fills out.

His color is gorgeous and his coat is very correct - flat and self-cleaning, and not overly feathered. He'll get more coat as he ages of course, but so far it's a nice practical coat. Some people are breeding towards more and more coat, and I think there is starting to be a backlash of people wanting to stick to the practical coat of a true hunting dog.

Health is still up in the air until he's old enough for xrays and other testing. He has mild seasonal allergies, but at this point it doesn't look like something that would hold us back from breeding him. That will also be a wait and see.

He used to have fantastic movement, but something is going on with him lately and he has some soreness. It's super subtle and you wouldn't notice it if you didn't know him well, but he's just not moving like he was 6 months ago. I'm kind of thinking soft tissue injury at this point and I think it will go away, but there's always the possibility it's something structural that we wouldn't want to pass on.

Temperament is fantastic. He's happy, confident, friendly, and bomb proof. Welsh can tend towards overly reserved or timid, so his temperament would be a great addition to the gene pool.

From 8 weeks old his breeder was looking forward to breeding back to him some day and has friends lined up who are interested, so it's just about waiting to see if he develops to his full potential. So far so good I think.

Watson - Truepenny Olympic Triumph | Welsh Springer Spaniel | DOB 8.2.12
Old 12-06-2013, 10:48 AM
Not a Border Collie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oko View Post
I've decided I'm just going to breed Wesley and ze puppy. A little being neutered never stopped anyone.

Who wants borderdoodles?!

Obviously we're breeding Feist and Ned! Bordoolies? Kooders (oh, that's not good)? Koolie-Collies?

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 12-08-2013, 12:00 AM
Top Dog

In character & looks,Gaia,totally,fits the breed and has done well,in shows.
She has passed all her character tests and we are,now,waiting for her health tests.
If she is good to go,I will breed her.