Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-26-2013, 09:39 PM
Top Dog

I don't really go anywhere without at least one dog. The longest I've been away from my other dog(s) is probably about a week.

Pirate just went on a trip without me, to California, for about a week. So we're pretty much even.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:46 PM
Top Dog

I've been going on a few business trips a few times a year, but no more than like 4-5 days at a time. The dogs stay home with mom.

Old 06-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Top Dog

I left Gavroche for 3ish days when I picked up Logan, and again when I took Logan to the CCA Nationals. I've left him overnight a couple times taking Logan to different things.

I've only left Logan overnight twice, and it was really only 10 or 11 hours. That's nothing, as I have left the dogs longer than that during the day for work/school.

I'm pretty ****ing dependent on my dogs lol
Old 06-28-2013, 01:02 PM
Internet Warrior Ballz?!?

I'm leaving my dogs for a few days this upcoming week and already feeling sick over the fact that I will be without them for a few days. Wish I could bring them or at least one of them with me, but my family doesn't much appreciate dogs on family vacations and they were giving me **** for not going initially.

Bamm is boarding at my work because no other options really and the trainers at my work understand how he is and he knows them.

Cricket is staying with one of my coworkers and good friend (she has a coolie boy that is one of Cricket's best buds).

Joey is staying with a chazzer (cristy)
Old 06-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Top Dog

I have left Jasper for probably about a week max. He stays with my dad whenever I go anywhere.

Yarrow I have left for 3 nights once or twice, and 2 a few times. A few times I've left him with my SO, and a couple times with my really good friend. He's much more challenging to look after, but I'm trying to figure out a way that I can leave him with my dad so I could potentially go to a few festivals this summer. We'll see.

Onyx has yet to be left....

I have a VERY hard time leaving my dogs and freak out about them the whole time I'm gone!
Old 06-29-2013, 01:12 AM
Top Dog

I'm freaking out. In 3 days Im leaving Nia for 5 whole weeks and I already miss her so much and I haven't even left yet!! I'm getting teary just thinking about it.. My mom will be taking care of her and she won't be too upset but my mom doesn't really know how to properly brush her teeth, bathe her, and that kind of stuff. She might be a little filthy and matted when I come home but I'm hoping she's ok other than that. I'm terrified to be honest...

I've left for 3 weeks before and she wasn't too bad off other than being a quite a bit skinnier than when I left. And her teeth were a little dirtier.. My mom loves her so at least I don't feel ask bad as leaving her with strangers, especially since she gets quite anxious without us. Ugh. I don't want to go on vacation ever again lol! I keep worrying about it!
Old 06-29-2013, 08:12 AM
"I'm kupo for kupo nuts!"

I think the longest I've been away from the dogs was for a week my senior year of highschool. When I phoned my mom about halfway through I told her I didn't really miss being home, I just missed my dog and my piano. LOL

As a child I would go to camp for a week and not be around for Blackie and Rose, but they were "family" dogs and not "my" dogs, so it wasn't quite the same.

And again, we were gone for five days in Florida in the spring and left Gracie, Cooper, and Cynder at home with my brother...but again, none of them were really "my" dogs, so it didn't really bother me.

We're going out of town for three days next week and I'm leaving Abrams with a friend. But I think it will be nice to get away from Shark Teeth Puppy for awhile.

Mike will be gone for six months after he leaves for RTC July 30th...Cynder is staying with me (she was going to go to his mother, and I'm very glad he decided to leave her here). I really hope she adapts okay to him being gone. She is SO much his dog and gets very depressed when he's not home.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:48 AM
<--------Orson

I have left Orson twice in his 7 years with us, and Phoebe only once in all her 13 years with us!

Once a couple years ago we left them (Orson and Phoebe) for a week (6 days) while we stayed at a cottage on the lake up north. (no dogs allowed )

Then just last month I left Orson for 9 days while we went down to South Carolina for my son's basic training (army) graduation.

Both times I had people they know come and care for them here at home.

We're pretty simplistic, so it's not hard to plan vacations that the dogs can go too. We camp, visit family, etc..
Old 06-29-2013, 09:32 AM
Silence! I ban you!

Heading out to drop Xena off for boarding within the hour. She'll be boarded until Tuesday while we go for my oldest daughter's freshman orientation.