Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 06-28-2013, 08:16 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saeleofu View Post
I'm okay with foxes and owls, we have those regularly here. But when I had Tango...good god, every shadow from a bird had my panicking lol. He's small enough he could have easily been taken by even a small raptor or fox. That actually played a large role in me not keeping him.
Yeah, I think it would freak me out more if he were a bit smaller. I'm still somewhat paranoid about it, but not like I would be with a dog under 8lbs. He's a pretty solid 17lbs but I think I worry more about something *trying* to grab him and not succeeding, then dropping, that kind of thing. I've heard of that happening. But it's not really something that crosses my mind at night. I think I think more about foxes creeping around and me not being able to see them. I also HATE when I go out there and then he points (like a Pointer, lol) and ears straight up and postures up. Eeeekkk then I know he sees/smells something.

99% of the time it's probably deer I hear. lol. And I am certainly not scared of them. But yeah the unknowing is what gets me. haha.

Brit & Jackson