Chicken bones... sigh

I just baked a batch of biscuits for Sam, because we didn't have anything else on hand to pad his stomach after he got a hold of a cooked chicken bone fragment :rolleyes:. Unfortunately, the route to some of our favorite walking spots goes right past a big grocery store, and it's not uncommon for us to find discarded chicken bones from their deli section. I guess trash cans are too difficult a concept for some people to grasp...

Anyhow, we usually keep an eye out for them, but I missed this one because it was already fragmented. He'd swallowed a piece before I realized what he'd picked up. He didn't choke, and doesn't appear to have any throat irritation or discomfort. Of course we'll be keeping a sharp eye on him for then next couple days for signs of internal trouble, but is there anything I can do, besides giving him the bread to cushion his stomach a little?

I would just keep an eye on him. It sucks and I hate the period of worry but Kaylee has gotten into cooked chicken bones more times than I can count.

So I would just watch him, pay careful attention to his poops but try not to dwell

Thanks for the reassurance. He's acting normally, so with any luck everything will pass though. I just hate that we can't go to his favorite pet store or down to the river park without hitting the danger zone for discarded chicken.

Staff online

Members online