Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 05-06-2013, 04:28 PM
Top Dog

He has Tucker ears! Symmetry is for squares. I like ears that do their own thing, adds character.

Thank you ~Dixie's Mom~ for my awesome siggy!
Old 05-06-2013, 05:19 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post
I got a better picture, honestly.. I think I'm just going to leave them alone.
I don't have plans to show him really (I mean, there were some tentative "maybe" but he has too many tentative plans/hobbies/jobs as it is)

His ears will likely always be a bit different lol but I like them. He is also 7 months old so taping would probably not do much other than give them a little temporary likeness.

Merlin has always had bigger droopier ears than standard/than normal and always had one that is "off", especially compared to his perfect eared sister Journey! lol but they suit him I think.

Even when he was little, his ears were a bit bigger

Oh. My. God ^^^... I can smell the puppy from here

I say let them do what they're gonna do, he's cute like he is

Old 05-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Top Dog

I would just leave them Little story on taping..Jynx's ears were starting to "prick" when she was much younger than Merlin is now, personally I think she wanted ears like my gsd's

Anyhow, I taped them, well after a few days, I was smelling this "smell",,I removed the tape, she must have been having an allergic reaction to the tape, nasty nasty nasty (((

They finally dropped the way they were supposed to by the time she was around 4 mths old,

I think Merlin looks just fine with his ears they way they are,,he's very handsome
Old 05-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Top Dog

Mismatched ears is way cuter than matching ears. Unless you were wanting to show him, I wouldn't bother...and it sounds like it's too late now anyway.

Personally, I'd prefer his ears to be the way they are. If he was my dog, and I WAS definitely going to show him, I'd be taping them and pouting about having to do so, because I'd like them better "wonky".

http://www.adorablebeasts.blogspot.com
Old 05-06-2013, 11:14 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran101 View Post

His ears will likely always be a bit different lol but I like them. He is also 7 months old so taping would probably not do much other than give them a little temporary likeness.

Merlin has always had bigger droopier ears than standard/than normal and always had one that is "off", especially compared to his perfect eared sister Journey! lol but they suit him I think.
His sister doesn't always have perfect ears either!

And actually, I think maybe they're going through another growth stage. Maybe heads are changing? I don't know, because they're definitely done teething, but Journey woke up this morning with two rose ears after having them both lay nicely forward for the last two months LOL.

And for as much as I like both of her ears folded forward (gives her a more elegant look), these are actually my favourite Journey ears:

^ The one likes to stand sort of up and tipped to the side sometimes.

And come to think of it, their mom's ears also don't always lay perfectly forward if I recall correctly. Pretty sure sometimes they're flopped forward and sometimes one roses to the side like Merlin's on occassion. I noticed that when we were at her house, since I'm a tad ear obsessed haha.

And also, I find it a little funny that Merlin's ears went through a wonky stage at all considering how huge they were when we picked the pups up and I'm pretty sure their breeder said something along the lines of she'd be surprised if his ears went anywhere LOL.

(also, that picture of all the puppies on the couch squishing Journey into a Corgi pose is hilarious. I forgot about it! It made me laugh again)

Ripley
Keira (Very much missed 2007-2014)
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FM RN
Old 05-07-2013, 12:41 AM
Twin 2.0

Isn't he about to hit pueberty? Everything goes wonky at that age, LOL.

Personally, since he's not going to be a die-hard show dog, I'd just leave them be. I can see what you mean about the different ear set, the left ear does fall quite a bit more than the right, but they could very well even out. Or not. Really, he's so adorable, who cares?
Old 05-07-2013, 03:48 PM
Top Dog

Such adorable pics of Merlin. His ears are gorgeous. I wouldn't touch them. My Rough Collie that passed away years ago used to have uneven ears.
Old 05-08-2013, 03:08 PM
Not a Border Collie

Quinn has wonky ears too - one is more forward and one is more rose.

DSC_0040 by Charlotte_L, on Flickr

I kind of wish I had taped them but at this point I like her look and I don't know if taping them would have worked out anyways.

Quinn - English Shepherd

Old 05-09-2013, 02:15 PM
Vizsla mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sit Stay View Post
Quinn has wonky ears too - one is more forward and one is more rose.

DSC_0040 by Charlotte_L, on Flickr

I kind of wish I had taped them but at this point I like her look and I don't know if taping them would have worked out anyways.
That is a beautiful dog& a beautiful photo!
Merlin looks fine ..my guess is the majority of people won't even notice& you'll find it more endearing than anything else
Old 05-09-2013, 04:29 PM
Allons-y!

At least he won't ever have Journey ears

We thought about taping them (probably should have, in retrospect), but her ears are so thick that I'm not sure it would have made a difference. For the record I think Merlin's ears look just fine as is.

Emily &:
CH Aurai Defying Gravity CL1-R - "Newton"
MBIF CH Tova's Don't Stop Believin' of Aurai CL1-S CGC - "Journey"
BIF/BISS CH Tova's Cricket Song of Ardmoor Farms CL2 CGC - "Cricket"
Visit us on Facebook!