Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 09-02-2012, 11:46 AM
Top Dog

This is a great post. The animal control in my area was recently investigated because they were unlawfully just TAKING people's dogs. I had a run in with them before the investigation.

All of my dogs and cats are registered with my parish via rabies tags. So they know, when they look up my name, exactly how many animals I have on my property. I filed a complaint with them about an extremely human and dog aggressive JRT that kept interrupting my bike ride with Malyk in the morning because his owner did not keep him contained. ... They did not even go to the other persons home. They came straight to mine.

They came knocking on my door and I didn't have a clue it was them...I opened the door, and they got a quick glimpse of Chevelle, my pit bull, before I closed the door behind me. They began asking for rabies vaccination papers, and when they insisted I went and got them. They insisted that they meet Chevelle, in which I told them no. They continued to insist that they meet "the pit bull" and I politely asked them to leave. They did in a disgruntled way, and didn't come back.

It wasn't long after that that I found out they had been taking GSD's, Dobermans, Rottweilers, and Pit Bulls in the same fashion they attempted with Chevelle. Asking to meet the dog outside and then just hooking them up, loading them up, and leaving. At least that's what the local paper reported.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 09-05-2012, 05:04 PM
Active Pup

Thank you for this fantastic post. Not a breeder, but with a few dogs and other animals in the house it is always useful to know about this stuff. Some of the stories in these thread are absolutely devastating - I mean, I'm shocked someone would just call the police on someone else because they are competition with horrible accusations. And from what most of you say it isn't like animal control is particularly great. Thank you for the useful thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbara! View Post
This is a great post. The animal control in my area was recently investigated because they were unlawfully just TAKING people's dogs. I had a run in with them before the investigation.

All of my dogs and cats are registered with my parish via rabies tags. So they know, when they look up my name, exactly how many animals I have on my property. I filed a complaint with them about an extremely human and dog aggressive JRT that kept interrupting my bike ride with Malyk in the morning because his owner did not keep him contained. ... They did not even go to the other persons home. They came straight to mine.

They came knocking on my door and I didn't have a clue it was them...I opened the door, and they got a quick glimpse of Chevelle, my pit bull, before I closed the door behind me. They began asking for rabies vaccination papers, and when they insisted I went and got them. They insisted that they meet Chevelle, in which I told them no. They continued to insist that they meet "the pit bull" and I politely asked them to leave. They did in a disgruntled way, and didn't come back.

It wasn't long after that that I found out they had been taking GSD's, Dobermans, Rottweilers, and Pit Bulls in the same fashion they attempted with Chevelle. Asking to meet the dog outside and then just hooking them up, loading them up, and leaving. At least that's what the local paper reported.
That is TERRIBLE. Was anything done about this?
Old 09-05-2012, 05:12 PM
Top Dog

All I know is that they're under investigation. I haven't heard of them taking anymore dogs.

"Only when the last tree is cut, only when the last river is polluted, only when the last fish is caught, will they realize that you can’t eat money." –Native American proverb
Old 03-09-2013, 09:49 PM
Active Pup

Just throwing this out there, how do dog owners justify animal hoarding? I know it is a little off topic but we are talking about animal control. Hoarding is a horrible atrocity and needs to be controlled with the violators need to be thrown in jail; never permitted to have animals again.
Old 04-06-2013, 12:35 AM
Active Pup

Default Impossible to be a dog owner

Law enforcement is getting scarier than usual. They can do anything they want to it seems. It's your word against theirs.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:09 PM
Puppy Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACooper View Post
Wow, something to think about! I would've probably invited them right in thinking I have nothing to hide.

I thought the same but her post made me think again. She got a point.
Old 04-08-2014, 05:42 AM
Active Pup

Default Good info

This is a good reminder for everyone. Thanks for posting this Renee.