Finkie Babies!

crazedACD

So sorry to hear she is under the weather, but glad she is perking up now! Give her a hug for me, hopefully the worst is over now. Continuing major vibes.

Oko

Silence, peasants.
Congratulations on 3 healthy boys, and glad to hear she's feeling a little bit better. Hopefully she'll improve steadily.

Grab

Poor Bubbles. Is she on antibiotics? Sometimes those can play hell with the digestive tract. (speaking as someone who can take barely any antibiotic for this very reason)

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Poor Bubbles. Is she on antibiotics? Sometimes those can play hell with the digestive tract. (speaking as someone who can take barely any antibiotic for this very reason)
Nope, she's not on anything. The vet tonight gave me a prescription med for nausea that is also used for nursing dogs who aren't producing enough milk. So it won't hurt the pups at all and will hopefully help her to feel better.

The boys are looking good. One of them gained an ounce in 12 hours. He's my big guy. The other two are also gaining nicely. Not sure how she even has the means to provide for them, but she does and she is. She's a good Mom. We didn't need IV fluids (the vet thought about it, but figured that it wasn't COMPLETELY necessary and Bubby has been through so much already), and I'm going to give her super small and very frequent bits of chicken/rice. So another night of no sleep for me ahead. UGH.

At this point, I don't want to give any of them up. And it sucks that I have to start thinking about that, as we have a list of people lined up.

Thank you all for your continued support. It really means a lot coming from so many awesome dog owners/lovers.

ETA - This thread is totally getting a bit depressing so here's a quick picture to maybe lighten things up:

Last edited:

Dakotah

Kotah BEAR
Feel better soon Bubbles!
And I hope you get some sleep soon, I know these last few days have been hectic (((hugs)))
On the plus side, those are healthy, beautiful pups!

Finkie_Mom

It's A Red Dog Revolution
Things haven't gotten any better, but haven't gotten much worse. Hoping one day she can keep some food in :(

Anyway, here are more pics! Individuals with the boys:

Boy 1:

Already has strong opinions about lots of things:

Me and Boy 1:

Boy 2:

Boy 3:

Equinox

Update via mutual friend: They lost one of the puppies earlier tonight - there was nothing anyone could have done :(

Keeping Katie, Bubbles, and the other two puppies in my thoughts tonight. Hope Bubbles recovers soon.

That is heartbreaking, I wish the best for momma and the other two babies. So sorry that everything fell apart, just take it a day at a time and step by step because at the end of the day you have done everything that you possibly can. <3

Shai

& the Muttly Crew
Update via mutual friend: They lost one of the puppies earlier tonight - there was nothing anyone could have done :(

Keeping Katie, Bubbles, and the other two puppies in my thoughts tonight. Hope Bubbles recovers soon.
Oh no, do they know what happened? I thought the little ones were gaining well.

Sending good vibes...

Equinox

Oh no, do they know what happened? I thought the little ones were gaining well.

Sending good vibes...
They noticed earlier that one of the puppies was born with a bad leg - yesterday they found a stressed out Bubbles trying chewing through it, I think. They weren't able to save the puppy :(

Members online

No members online now.