Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-12-2013, 06:09 PM
Top Dog

Default favorite dog toys/chews/etc

Hudson has just started chewing on bully sticks again and LOVES them. He liked them as a baby puppy, but I think when he was getting his adult teeth in they hurt him.

He also likes squeaky balls and fleece tugs. We have a Bad Cuz that he likes to play with and is currently pouncing on a golf ball he stole from my dad. He really liked fuzzy toy my in laws got him that has a plastic bottle in it.

He does not seem too crazy about the puppy nylabone he has, but likes the peanut butter real dog nylabone.

What sort of things do you dogs like to play with, chew on, destroy, etc.

Peco,
Male Lacy Game Dog
June 2003 - Feb. 2012

Hudson,
Male black & white English Shepherd
August 27th 2012

Blog - http://thedogreviews.blogspot.com/
Old 02-12-2013, 06:17 PM
Little dog, big voice

Cali and Moses have new obsessions with the dehydrated beef tracheas (Cali ended up carrying hers out to the bathroom with her last night and refused to put it down) and then everest/himalayan chews. They love them! The downside is that they're now somewhat less interested in their nylabones, although Cali will chew one if she's in her "must chew" mood and doesn't have anything else.

As for other toys, Cali loves her xs kong balls and she also loves all of her long plush toys, like her skinneez squirrel, over-sized skinneez bat, purple loofa dog (more spongy in texture) and turquoise loofa (more furry/smooth) dog. The lateral are perfect for her night-time zoomies when all she wants to do is drag race around the house, so I just channel it into a good longlasting game of tug/fetch.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:22 PM
Silence, peasants.

Wesley used to love bully sticks, but when he started downing them in 20 minutes flat it became too expensive. Now he gets a knuckle bone every Sunday from the grocery store. He loves peanut butter/his dog food in kongs, of course. He's not super big into chew toys, didn't really take to nylabones. We think he's spoiled for the nylabones, thanks to the bully sticks of his youth.

As for toys, he is so spoiled! His favorites to play with us are his holee roller (especially if there's a tennis ball inside it, he thinks that's brilliant), cuz ball, and his tuggy ropes. He loves the toys where there's a plush 'house' and three stuffed toys he has to work out of the holes. He goes nuts over it, we call the critters his 'babies' lol. He's got a couple toys he's had since puppyhood that are just fabric skins now, but are still near and dear.

The ultimate favorite is good old fashioned tennis balls; Mostly of the non-tooth-ruining variety, and sometimes the tooth ruin-ers, (haha, we're soo bad).

OH, I almost forgot trusty kong wobbly. He prefers eating out of it vs food bowl, lol.

Feistea, ze Blog

Last edited by Oko; 02-12-2013 at 06:56 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 06:31 PM
Resident fainting goat

merlin LOVES

- Flossies (they are tendons I believe)

- Cow Scapula

- Tennis balls (just plain human ones. go figure)

- West paw Salsa. I say "SALSA BABY!" and he runs to go get it lol it's hot pink

Old 02-12-2013, 06:39 PM
I'm All Ears

x- small kong squeaker tennis balls are like crack to Mia.

They have a Rip 'n Tug ball that they like (even Summer!)

They have a treat stuffable tug that they like.

Mia has a fox tail (real) on a rope that she loves to tug with.

Mia loves her Tug a Jug and treat dispensing ball to the point that she won't eat kibble from a bowl now (just no fun). Mia's tug a jug is the big size too because that was all they had at the store when I got it. Didn't know they came in a smaller version!

For chews I like to buy the grab bags from best bully sticks. They're small though but the perfect size for the papillons. they like them all.
Old 02-13-2013, 12:20 AM
Active Pup

Have you guys heard of The Bob-a-Lot? My Lab loves this so much. Its pure genius! Its is weighted on the bottom, so it wobbles all around like those inflatable "bop bags" for kids. But this one are for dogs.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:02 AM
Top Dog

Depends on what he's doing with it. For actual playing, Caleb prefers bumpers, although in recent weeks he's also turned on to balls. His favorite bumper by far is the fire hose one with the bungee handle. His absolute all time favorite toy, tho, is kids, especially our 9 1/2 year old grand daughter.

Mostof Caleb's toys are carried around, and, the bigger ones are snuggled with. His favorite for that is his Tickle Me Elmo, which he also "nurses" on after meals (we call it "doing The Elmo"). He has a huge stuffed rabbit that we call his portable pillow because he's always resting his head on it.

Caleb can't have anything beef or dairy, so his chew container has lamb trachea, ducks feet, chicken breast, and braided cod skin. He has a soft Nylabone laying around that he chews occasionaly, too. The antler and soft nylabone in the truck haven't been touched, tho.
Old 02-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Top Dog

Crystal likes just the generic tug ropes. She's a tugger, and if you can tug with the toy, she automatically loves it.

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 40 lbs