Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Pictures and Pet Photos

Old 01-29-2013, 04:02 PM
Kotah BEAR

That was so cute. I smiled the whole time. "Pick up dumbbell, drop dumbbell, treat" and repeat lol.
I saw something in the background and I kept going "wtf is that?" and I realized it was Dance's tail lol.
Old 01-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakotah View Post
That was so cute. I smiled the whole time. "Pick up dumbbell, drop dumbbell, treat" and repeat lol.
I saw something in the background and I kept going "wtf is that?" and I realized it was Dance's tail lol.
Yeah, Dance feels the need to be a part of everything haha. Especially when there's food involved! She was jealous that Journey was hogging it all.

Ripley
Journey - Oracle Twist of Fate TreeStarr
Dance - Tollwest's Dancing In Style CGN FDCh-G
Keira CGN
Old 01-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Hi, I'm Melissa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toller_08 View Post

I can't cope. These pictures are awesome. And Journey is too cute. I love this photo!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:08 AM
Top Dog

Figured it was time for a small Journey update in her own thread!

I had a coupon, so Journey got a new tag in the mail a few days ago. Suits her personality perfectly:

She's also been sporting pigtails a lot over the last few weeks. She's teething like crazy (seriously, every night a tooth or two lands on the floor or I pull them out of her mouth as she chews on them) and her ears are all over the place. Hoping they settle down soon. I think Dance was 8 months before hers did.

Playing with Dance is still her favourite pastime. When she's done with Dance, she moves on to Ripley, and when she's done with Ripley, she makes sure Keira gets a turn too haha.

She thinks she's ferocious.

Then tonight I decided I needed a group picture of everyone suddenly. But it was dark out and cold, so we had to make do with the livingroom. Surprisingly everyone was very cooperative. :-)

Prior to that, she got a rinse to get all the bus/train dirt off and then a blow dry. Prior to the blow dry though she had fun rolling on things and playing all over the basement.

Then I decided I needed a 19 week stacked picture. But I had no help, so it's not perfect plus I'm still learning, but thank goodness I have a patient puppy who has a good idea of stay now!

Last edited by Toller_08; 02-10-2013 at 12:59 AM.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Top Dog

And after all of that I just couldn't stop taking pictures because she was all clean and fluffy and extra adorable.

And then we played with a favourite squeaky toy for a while! This is her serious "just throw it!" face.

And her happy "omg she's gonna throw it! She's gonna throw it!" face.

Aaaand back to seriously hopeful.

That's all for now!

She's still seriously the best puppy ever. She makes me want a house full of Aussies forever. She and I just click and mesh so well together. Even my mom said this morning (jokingly) that we should just trade all of the adult dogs in for another Aussie haha. They were being bratty at the time, but she really is just that enjoyable. She's funny, she's smart, she's fun, she adores her family, is polite and happy to oblige strangers who want to cuddle her, she's busy but easy to live with... she truly hits all of my marks for what would have made the perfect dog for me.

She does have one weird quirk that I hope she outgrows, though. She hates when the other dogs bark. Which is not really a big deal, because the Dobes rarely bark, but Dance OTOH, barks a couple times a day anyway and Journey runs and hides and then comes out to see what happened. I've seen young puppies be afraid when other dogs bark, but usually they outgrow it as they get bigger. It's weird, but not detrimental or anything, so not a huge deal or anything, but I hope for her own sake she gets over it considering Dance doesn't plan on not alerting to things for the rest of her life.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Old 02-10-2013, 01:15 AM
APBT crazy!

She is so beautiful and growing up fast! She has the kindest eyes ever too.
Old 02-10-2013, 06:59 AM
Little dog, big voice

That group photo is perfect, I love the matching head tilts! Her tag is perfect too, I've been wanting to order both dogs new tag but have yet to get around to it.

I honestly cannot get over how great she seems, it just makes it harder and harder to wait! I'm thinking of going to University of Toronto and living with my aunt, who has an ACD, simply because that would open up the possibility of getting an Aussie a bit sooner, pending schedules etc... plus my aunt is a member of the agility club so that would be great as well.

We need more pictures of Journey though, she's looking so grown up!

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:17 PM
Top Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Mae View Post
That group photo is perfect, I love the matching head tilts! Her tag is perfect too, I've been wanting to order both dogs new tag but have yet to get around to it.

I honestly cannot get over how great she seems, it just makes it harder and harder to wait! I'm thinking of going to University of Toronto and living with my aunt, who has an ACD, simply because that would open up the possibility of getting an Aussie a bit sooner, pending schedules etc... plus my aunt is a member of the agility club so that would be great as well.

Thanks! I don't normally bother buying fancier tags for my crew as I eventually just end up covering them up so I don't have to listen to the noise, but suddenly one night I decided I needed a cute tag for her haha. And one for Dance too, cause they have to have matching stuff apparently.

She really is wonderful. Even just having had her for a couple of months, I'm pretty certain that Aussies are my new forever breed. I knew I'd enjoy her and probably love living with the breed, otherwise I wouldn't have gotten one obviously, but I'm blown away with just how ideal she is for me. Even the adult dogs at her breeder's house were totally my kind of dogs - I could have happily taken any one of them home.

On paper they sounded great for me, but my hands-on experience with Aussies prior wasn't fabulous as there are a lot of not-so-nicely bred ones out here with clueless owners, but I've met a good handful that I fell in love with since working at the pet food store and they helped convince me that I needed one for real instead of just fantasizing about my 'maybe someday' Aussie. So I decided kind of on a whim one day just to go for it and e-mail Journey's breeder and it was the best decision dog-wise that I've ever made. Even if I was needlessly worried Fran would hate me for being a copy cat.

Your wait, no matter how long it is, will be well worth it I am sure! I really can't complain about a single thing about Journey and my experience these last two months. She is seriously the best puppy/dog I've ever had so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehoundgirl View Post
She is so beautiful and growing up fast! She has the kindest eyes ever too.
Thank you! She is definitely growing up fast. And she just gets to be more and more fun as she grows.

Ripley
Keira CGN
Old 02-10-2013, 09:20 PM
Love My Mutt <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Mae View Post

Oh god yes. Must meet Cali.

Goodbye, Rosey. You were the best girl I could have asked for. 10/15/96-03/08/13
Old 02-10-2013, 10:57 PM
Zipbeh Zerooo

MUST STOP GROWING!! She is growing up too fast. So cute. The whole gang is too good looking for their own good