Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dogs - General Dog Chat

Old 02-03-2013, 07:41 AM
Little dog, big voice

I would happily pick Cali again. Sometimes, I think about what her life would be like if I had picked her sister instead but then I'm always glad I did, because who knows if she'd get as much attention? She adores attention and I always love how excited she gets to see me after I was away for twenty minutes in the shower. Her ears go straight back, her tail and butt start to wiggle, and she does her little growley/excited/quiet barking noise. I'm almost convinced she's a miniature Australian Shepherd at times with all the bounciness and energy, which is perfect since I'm set on an Australian Shepherd for my next dog in a few years. Although I'm just hoping I'd be able to balance out both an Aussie and Cali because as much as she loves my mom too, I don't think I'd be able to let her live with my mom; mainly because I know I'd offer much more training/exercise than my mom, plus I'm just picky about her care even though my mom does a good job and is slowly learning.

Moses, of course I'd pick him out again... had I been looking at the same litter. I wouldn't go looking for a Cocker Spaniel now for a dog, and certainly not from a BYB but he's a saint and is essentially the perfect family dog. He loves being with everyone, loves going on hikes (and when we had the cottage and didn't take him canoeing with us, he'd follow the canoe along on the rocks for as long as he could find a rock to jump to) and is incredibly tolerant.

I love both of them so much, for all of their little quirks. Although neither of them are my "perfect" dog, they both have traits that add up to the perfect dog. Moses is content to laze around all day with you, Cali is always up and ready to go, she's eager to learn... Moses is crazily patient... Cali is very outgoing and gets along with everybody... both are total wiggle butts and it's easy to see how much they love you. I think once I get my Aussie, I'll have my ideal bunch of dogs. I think I'll always have two dogs at the very least. I don't know if I'd ever get another Papillon, simply because I don't like Cali's size (aside from her portability) but I do love the breed and I know I want Cali to live forever, and Moses too. It's hard to think that he's 12 now though, but we're planning on spoiling him for the remainder of his life with comfy beds, hikes in the warmer months... and beef tracheas.

The two and a half year old papillon. Crazy. Social butterfly. Clever.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:25 AM
Aussie Obssessed

Seeing as I didn't pick any of my current dogs lol I'm not sure how to answer.

In Hawk and Lark's cases the breeder said they were the puppies for me and I took them and I would agree to take them again. In Kechara's case my parents picked her for me, now her physical appearance has made for some headaches for me and her temperament has had it's issues but her desire to be with me and work with me makes up for all that.
Old 02-04-2013, 01:11 AM
Puppy Dog

Hmmmm, i want to say yes, but then i'm distracted by a pacing and whining blue coyote.

Pixie, Emma, Page and Nova all turned out to be more dog than i could ever dream of. Pixie was an awesome little sports dog and the perfect dog for me to begin my adventure into the world of dog sports. She has earned her somewhat spoiled spot in the household. Emma taught me tons, and is my heart. Page allowed me to learn so much and i miss him everyday. Nova wasn't planned and i didn't have room, but i thank the stars every day for my "bad" decision to buy a dog from across the country, sight unseen. She is more than i could ever have asked for and she's perfect in every way.

Then there's Ash. My pound puppy who was bought after i decided to get out of showing. He's a little bundle of nerves and isn't at all the protective dog i wanted him to be. i think it's actually my job to save him from the world, not vice versa lol If i knew then what i know now, i probably would have passed up the litter altogether, or at least got his overly independent and toy driven brother...
Old 02-04-2013, 01:24 AM
<(<) <()> (>)>

Always. In a heart beat.

You are the whisper in the wind, and the silence in dark.
You are the autumn rain, and the spring flowers.
You are the joy when I laugh, and the sorrow when I cry.
You are the earth beneath my feet, and the air in the sky
But most of all, you are my heart.
Run free, Beautiful Girl.
Old 02-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

You know, honestly if you would have asked me this throughout the life of Artimis you would've gotten mixed answers depending on when it was.

I'm not proud of this, but there was a time were I very much regretted getting him. To the point that it really made me think I couldn't handle him anymore. I'm so glad I didn't give up on him though! Now, he's almost 4 years old and I would take him in a heartbeat, even with all of his issues! Coming from being completely out of control on walks or around new people, to very soon taking the CGC and we are going to pass (I just know it!) is just amazing to me. he even wags his tail for new people in a happy/friendly manner! ^_^

Sometimes me and David think back to what he use to be like. I was so stressed with him some times I just couldn't deal with taking him outside. I was so embarrassed and fearful, it made him worse. Though now I wish I had more video's of him at his worst, to show the change once we figured out the right way to go about helping him. He's not perfect, he's still a bit nervy in new situations, but he is 100xbetter.

Talon, for as much trouble he is, yes I'd take him. He is so awesomely evil! ^_^
Old 02-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Top Dog

Yes. Crystal has many fear issues, which I believe would have put me off, but these fear issues are what have taught me to be the dog owner I am today. I have learned to not be impatient, to take my time, to not use force. It also opened my eyes to a whole world of dog training that I would have never seen if I never had picked Crystal. Crystal has a tendency to pick up and learn so quick, that if I had chosen a stubborn dog, I believe I would have given up. And now I have learned so much, because of her, that I know that I would never pick another dog. I love the whole package, fear issues and all.

Crystal - female - German Shepherd x Sheltie mix - DOB: 8/1/09 - 40 lbs
Old 02-04-2013, 06:12 PM
FINALLY warm ... YAY :D

Josefina? No, she is a real problem child, great with people, not so great with dogs & she takes a lot of managing, we adopted her ffrom a shelter as an orphaned puppy who was taken from her mother way too early & the damage of that shows.

As for Buddy yes i would adopt him again in a heartbeat, he is a good dog.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:18 AM
Active Pup

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipsyQueen View Post
Always. In a heart beat.
Took the words right out of my mouth.