Dog Site - Dog Stuff
Dog Forum | Dog Pictures

Go Back   Chazhound Dog Forum > Dog Discussions and Dog Talk Forums > Dog Health Care

Old 01-22-2013, 04:42 PM
Bored Now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWCorgi View Post
If it turns out to be dirty ears instead of some kind of actual issue, I wholeheartedly recommend the Blue Power Solution. You can google it and find the recipe, or the company K9 Liquid Health now makes and sells it. That stuff works miracles.

Frodo used to get chronic ear infections if his kibble had a lot of potatoes in it, so diet could be another possibility.
THIS times a thousand. After the vet, that is. I ran out of the stuff you gave me and need to make more. That stuff is magical.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:00 PM
Happy Meal. Yum.

Well, called around found a vet that seemed pretty good and they got me in same day lol

Ear mites. >_< Talon was such a good boy, met a lot of new people he loved so yay there! lol

The vet put some med in his ears and so they should all die, though not sure how long. I forgot to ask, whoops. He asked about my other dog, but Art has yet to show any symptoms at all, and they aren't particuaraly buddy buddy really so it's possible he doesn't have them. Vet said if he shows symptoms just call and I can pick up meds yay! That is so much cheaper !

I have my fingers crossed and will be keeping an eye on Art's ears, so hopefully they didn't migrate over.

Oh, david told me gizmo (my sisters kitten) had ear mites and was being treated for them near when she first got her. So since Talon and gizmo were constantly playing together I'm betting that's where he got them from.

Now the question is, is it safe to take Talon to puppy class today? I'm going to call my vet after my class and ask, but I don't want to transmit the mites to other puppies. Last week there was really no contact between puppies. It was more a "let's get to know each other and get the dogs comfortable with everything before throwing them together" type thing. But today is going to be a puppy play day, so I'm not sure if it's safe or not, I hope it is but we will see I guess!

Thanks guys! ^_^
Old 01-27-2013, 03:17 AM
Show Dog

It could be a yeast or fungal infection.

You might want to try aromatherapy. Combine any of the following essential oils with a base oil and apply to the affected area after cleaning.

* Bergamot antifungal
* Lavender soothes skin and relieves itching
* Tea tree antifungal and antibacterial
* Roman chamomile soothing and gentle; helps heal tissue