spot to be nasty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

yuckaduck

Had a dog named Marco Polo once he was a collie/hound mix. Nice farm dog good to help round up the moo moo's

Adrienne

I had a guy friend that named his dog Kitty, it was pretty amusing listening to him call "here Kitty, Kitty, Kitty, and then a huge Boxer runs up.

Richie12345

Adrienne said:
B I N G O, B I N G O, B I N G O, and BINGO was HIS NAME OH!! Anybody ever named one of their dogs BINGO?
lol, I am reading about a fight in the beginning. And then when I skip over to the last page I see this LOL

Fran27

It's not that easy Gaddy. On a French forum I go to, people keep mentionning Eukanuba and ProPlan (Purina) as premium food. It's impossible for me to go there and tell them it's really not that good without sounding arrogant. But I think they need to be informed that it's really mostly crap.

There is a difference with people who realize they are not feeding the best but can't afford better, and people who claim that their food is good because their dogs are healthy with it. I'm getting tired of seeing people claim that pedigree or Iams is great food because they are using it, because they give wrong information to other people. If people don't want to spend too much money on their dog, that's their decision, I just don't want to hear them say how good their pedigree is. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to admit that chicken meal will be better than corn and chicken-by-product meal.

As for Innova, I changed from Natural Choice to it because I believe it's better - and because it's cheaper for me to feed Innova than Nutro. If Innova had been more expensive, I would probably have kept feeding Nutro, but I still recognize that Innova is a better food.

Y

yuckaduck

Better than my x boyfriend calling his bouvier/lab mix dog. Now that was a hoot and a half. Kitty for a dog eh, that's interesting.

Fran27

And you guys are posting so much that by the time I'm done typing my thing, the subject is already out of date :p

Fran27 said:
It's not that easy Gaddy. On a French forum I go to, people keep mentionning Eukanuba and ProPlan (Purina) as premium food. It's impossible for me to go there and tell them it's really not that good without sounding arrogant. But I think they need to be informed that it's really mostly crap.

There is a difference with people who realize they are not feeding the best but can't afford better, and people who claim that their food is good because their dogs are healthy with it. I'm getting tired of seeing people claim that pedigree or Iams is great food because they are using it, because they give wrong information to other people. If people don't want to spend too much money on their dog, that's their decision, I just don't want to hear them say how good their pedigree is. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to admit that chicken meal will be better than corn and chicken-by-product meal.

As for Innova, I changed from Natural Choice to it because I believe it's better - and because it's cheaper for me to feed Innova than Nutro. If Innova had been more expensive, I would probably have kept feeding Nutro, but I still recognize that Innova is a better food.
Well here I have been jumped on for what I feed, and I am sick and tired of it. It is my decision what my dogs eat, not somebody elses. Yes, Innova and such are good foods, but people shouldn't be jumped on because they don't feed it.
I don't feed my dogs crap like IAMS or Pedigree, they get a high-quality brand that is readily available for us. It has good ingredients and a good price.

M

Manchesters

I Nominate Adrienne Queen Of Inane!!!!

Adrienne said:
To me you should feed the best you can afford to feed. If that isn't Innova thats fine, there are other comparable foods out there. If you choose to feed Old Roy though then you just don't care about the health of your dog. It doesn't mean you love them any less just that you haven't taken the time to learn what is better.
This is one of the most ignorant, hateful statements made so far. Beats the hell out of anything I have said so far!! Also shows total ignorance of the quality of the food in question. Ol' Roy Bites And Bones is a **** good food. As good as any other! Now where the ignorance comes in is that we have a person who has never bred or raised a litter of dogs, or even FED this food making this asinine statement! No facts or first hand experience to back up this statement.

HOWEVER, people like Adrienne are around most news/discussion groups. It becomes old after so many years, but even the most stupid person can learn, so there is hope! The sad thing is that there is no way to prevent such people from broadcasting what jackasses they are, roflmao. After making such a condemning statement against any poor unfortunate who happens to feed Ol' Roy, some facts could at least be provided to back this statement up. Just what health problems has the person making the statement encountered when using this food? What reports are available to support the "badness" of this food???

What does this person even know about canine physiology? Or canine metabolism? ANYTHING AT ALL? Somehow I think not.

To paraphrase the Bible.......even a fool appears wise until SHE puts finger to keyboard. So sad, but hey, I have tried to be jovial about the discussions here. But for this knot head to condemn anyone on this board who happens to feed Ol Roy is just to ignorant to ignore. I don't care what the fool says about me, but she can and should keep her stupidity to herself.

Just my NOT AT ALL HUMBLE opinion!!

Y

yuckaduck

That is so true Fran. My god my friends think that Science Diet is the best that money can buy. I started with that because I too fell into the trap and didn't know about ingredients. Never even took the time to read em? Now I am very careful what I look for and the first thing I look at is ingredients. Right now I have
chicken
chicken meal
brown's rice

top three so I'm trying that.

Richie12345

gaddylovesdogs said:
Well here I have been jumped on for what I feed, and I am sick and tired of it. It is my decision what my dogs eat, not somebody elses. Yes, Innova and such are good foods, but people shouldn't be jumped on because they don't feed it.
I don't feed my dogs crap like IAMS or Pedigree, they get a high-quality brand that is readily available for us. It has good ingredients and a good price.
I agree with your post. Nobody should be bothered if they are not giving their dog the HIGHEST quality of food... but ofcourse should be warned if they are giving them bad stuff

Debi

gaddylovesdogs said:
Again....

OK that was rude Debi.

I'm only rude to people that require it. It really isn't my nature at all...haven't you noticed that? OK...I will stop.....for you, Gaddy. :)

Y

yuckaduck

I agree Manchesters....my parents feed there dog Ole Roy and always have. There dogs live long healthy lives. No signs of health problems or anything like that. Maybe they poop alot more but who cares they live on a farm with cows and horses so a dog can never make as much poop in it's life time as the cows make in a day. I'm not saying what is good or bad but they have never had a problem so either it is not that bad or they are really lucky.
Personnally I think there is better but it is not my choice.

Fran don't worry about topic that is what this thread is for to discuss anything and not be shy about anything.

M

Manchesters

Now Just A Darned Minute!!!!

gaddylovesdogs said:
FACTS PLEASE that back up your remark about Pedigree being CRAP!
Do you people have any idea how many professional breeders feed Pedigree because it does the best for their dogs??????? We are talking people who spend up to $150,000 a year campaigning their dogs, so money sure is no issue. Those of you who comment on the quality of various dog foods don't know what the devil you are talking about, and are only repeating what others who don't know what they are talking about are saying.

You present no INDEPENDENT scientific studies, no long term breeder studies, and no studies NOT backed by some dog food manufacturer to PROVE what you say. I can PROVE how good Pedigree is with pictures and RESULTS of feeding this food.

I agree that those who don't know what they are talking about should cease dumping on anyone else. You notice that those of us WHO DO know what we are talking about do not act this way. It goes without having to be said that if someone feeds a particular food and their dog/dogs do not do well on it they will try something else.

And these know nothings also know nothing about the fact that some dogs will be thrown into liver failure if they get more than 21 percent protein. But hey--these same people don't know squat about dogs, period!

So.....I would say ignore these stupid uncouth people.....BUT DO NOT FALL INTO THE SAME HOLE YOU ACCUSE THEM OF BEING IN!!!

Message from the "guru" is now ended. You may all return to your normal activities, bwaahahahahah.

My dogs have eaten junk before and they all did perfectly fine on it. Now that we're on a different, better brand, there are many visible changes.

M

Manchesters

Pooping A Lot

yuckaduck said:
I agree Manchesters....my parents feed there dog Ole Roy and always have. There dogs live long healthy lives. No signs of health problems or anything like that. Maybe they poop alot more but who cares they live on a farm with cows and horses so a dog can never make as much poop in it's life time as the cows make in a day. I'm not saying what is good or bad but they have never had a problem so either it is not that bad or they are really lucky.
Personnally I think there is better but it is not my choice.

Fran don't worry about topic that is what this thread is for to discuss anything and not be shy about anything.
Tell your folks to feed Ol Roy Bites And Bones. It does not contain soybean meal, and will produce a lot less poop. Any food that contains soybean meal should be avoided. It was PROVEN that soybean meal in dog food compromises the function of the dogs' thyroid gland. AND the stuff is indigestible, and that is why there is so much poop produced!!!!! Somehow I suspect your dogs supplement their diet with cow and horse poop, roflmao. But I heard tell you gotta be careful with dogs around horse poop because tetanus can be passed from horse to dogs this way. That is based upon an actual occurrence, by the way. I practice what I preach and don't just post empty rumors, rofl....if ya get what I mean (wink, wink).

Y

yuckaduck

I suppose any one can say natural products are higher quality than by products but besides pooping more, what is the thing that makes it junk or garbage. Me too I don't understand quality differences and what I feed is $20 for 18kg and just that alone makes people say oh it's garbage but you haven't heard what it is yet. Doesn't matter it is garbage if it is that cheap.
And they say my dog is like homer simpson! No one here on this forum did this so I'm not blaming anyone here of this, I'm talking about people in general.

M

Manchesters

Gee Whiz

I think I am actually starting to feel affection for those in this little thread. I am not used to these kinds of feelings. Must do something to piss everyone off again. Shouldn't be too hard........where is Adrienne???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online