Ellen Dog Food?

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
It said she teamed up with Halo to make it and I know Halo makes pretty good food (though terrible bird food) and she said something about by-products being bad, so it sounds like it has the potential to be a good food.

I hope that by her doing that maybe people will wake up a bit and feed a better food. While I hate the sheep mentality of people who do things just because a celebrity said/does it, if it make it so people think about the food they feed and gets them to buy or even look at a better food I'm all for it.

houndlove

coonhound crazy
What's up with celebrities plastering their names all over already-existing brands of dog food?

Cesar Millan is on the bandwagon too. His new brand of dog food is really Castor and Pollux with a different label. Which is a good food and everything but still...it's just weird.

noludoru

Bored Now.
Halo is an existing, high-quality dog food. I was SHOCKED when I saw on their website last night that Ellen DeGeneres bought (I think half) of their business... so she's now a "partner." Yes, it will get them publicity and people buying high quality food instead of crap... but I think it's pretty ucky that celebrities are sticking their noses where they aren't needed or wanted. I have nothing wrong with publicising better foods, but buying a share in them or making a "Ceasar Milan" dog food?? *retch*

noludoru

Bored Now.
OMG. I saw it in Petco. For a 25-30lb bag it was $40. The cans were like $2 a piece, but "marked down" to 1.75. I think that's actually more expensive than canned soup that I buy... They had posters for it everywhere, especially when you first go in, and these teensie little packets of treats. It makes me wonder if Halo is aiming their food towards smaller dogs, because of the price.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
Did it have Ellen's face on it!? Lawls

In the articles I've read, they are saying that Ellen will either have her own formula... or change the name to include hers... or something. It's just weird.

Cesar has a dog food now? WTF? He used to pimp Iams on his show... what a sell-out.

If someone wanted to pay me to endorse a dog food I think I just might do it. Isn't it the american dream? To become famous and make as much money as you can? I don't plan on buying their food, but to judge them for opportunity? Nope.

ihartgonzo

and Fozzie B!
I try not to judge... but, it's just hard not to question the motivation behind what these people are pushing. Is it actually their love for dogs, or money? I don't know. No one knows for sure.

I highly doubt that Cesar is making a dog food for anything but monetary gain, and yes, that's immoral in my opinion. He basically whored himself out to Iams on his show, and told everyone to feed their dogs Iams... 'cause that's what he feeds his dogs, and Cesar knows best.

houndlove

coonhound crazy
Well, Cesar's feeding Castor and Pollux now apparently because that's "his" brand now. Talk about a total 180 from Iams! At least its in a positive direction.

I really just wish consumers would think for themselves, just in general. Neither Halo nor Castor and Pollux are new foods and it just irritates me that there's now going to be all these people who can't be bothered to read food labels who are going to be switching foods not because they've decided they want to educate themselves on dog nutrition and make their own decisions but because Ellen or Cesar says to feed their dogs this other food. Yeah, the result will be people feeding better foods, but I hate that it takes celebrity endorsements to get people to rethink what they're feeding.

MafiaPrincess

Obvious trollsare Obvious
She's simply a partial shareholder of Halo now.. And not the major shareholder, so I'm not sure how much influence she will actually have. Few people have mentioned on itchmo that they've found Halo's quality went down a few months ago.

Members online

No members online now.