One of the things that makes me mad

Y

yuckaduck

Ok guys I'm really sorry for posting at all because I did not ever intend on starting mini wars and insulting comments that are obviously causing hurt feelings. I am sorry to all of you who have been upset by this and please lets just drop it before anymore animosity is created between anyone. That is why I left sitstay because they were always arguing and saying hurtful things rather than sharing experiences so us newbies could learn. Please forgive me for opening a can of worms I had no idea and will be much more careful in what I ask about or comment on in future. Thank you to everyone and I'm truely sorry again.

Fran27

Yuckaduck, ou did nothing wrong. And you're definitely right to follow your vet and doc's advice (although I don't always agree with vets especially about food, lol).

But I guess it's just that people don't know. I'm sure Avenlee just doesn't know the risks that there is to take a puppy to public places before they have their full vaccinations, which explains her post, and I'm sure lots of people don't either, either because their breeder didn't tell them, or because the vet didn't tell them (mine did), or because of that old 'it only happens to others' way of thinking.

Either way, people need to be informed more, but they need to be open to information too... and not call arrogant the people who are trying to help.

yuckaduck said:
Just to be clear because for some reason this post can to my email and not the others, I'm not rolling my eyes to anyone at all. What is right for me may not be right for you. I will follow the advice of those I pay to know what I do not and here kids are fully vaccinated at 18 months however some countries don't fully vaccinate children until 3 years old and some don't vaccinate at all. So it is an age long argument where everyone has an opinion and everyone's opinion is right, just not right all the time. Who's right who's wrong, who cares here we are sharing information and trying to learn from each other. Not everyone has the perfect thing that works for you that's why I read everyone's post and chose to use the information that seems to fit best and if that doesn't work then I chose something else to try but never ever would I say someone is wrong for there opinion. How can you be wrong with your opinion, it is yours? Thank you very much for all replies I listen to each one and feel no one is dumb and no one deserves to have rolled eyes sent to them.
You haven't been here very long, but you sure have managed to say exactly what needed to be said, and said it very well. THANKS!

Now, everyone - you can disagree, but please, don't act toward each other in ways that you wouldn't allow your dog to ;)

Y

yuckaduck

I just feel bad when people are upset because that is not why I am here. I only want to learn as much as I can and I read everything and I was always called dumb and stupid growing up so sometimes I cry when reading the posts here because someone is insulting another. I grew up like this and at age 16 was told get out you were adopted and are no longer part of the family. If not for me having two kids myself I don't think I would have anything to do with my parents. It is my girls who brought us back together and I am very careful to make sure my girls always feel love and are never called horrible names because I have serious social problems as a result. I have big problems making friends and keeping them because I am afraid of being hurt so I tend to be a loner and that is very lonely. I just want to learn as much as I can in a positive manner. Thanks to everyone who has helped and even those who just wished well. Everything does help even just a simple hi has brightened my day. I appreciate all of you and all of the information that I have read.

showpug

yuckaduck said:
I just feel bad when people are upset because that is not why I am here. I only want to learn as much as I can and I read everything and I was always called dumb and stupid growing up so sometimes I cry when reading the posts here because someone is insulting another. I grew up like this and at age 16 was told get out you were adopted and are no longer part of the family. If not for me having two kids myself I don't think I would have anything to do with my parents. It is my girls who brought us back together and I am very careful to make sure my girls always feel love and are never called horrible names because I have serious social problems as a result. I have big problems making friends and keeping them because I am afraid of being hurt so I tend to be a loner and that is very lonely. I just want to learn as much as I can in a positive manner. Thanks to everyone who has helped and even those who just wished well. Everything does help even just a simple hi has brightened my day. I appreciate all of you and all of the information that I have read.
I wouldn't blame you if you never spoke to your parents again. You are not obligated...they blew it not you. I don't believe that just because they are "family" that it means you have to tolerate evil acts. You are better than that and you will make your girls proud :)

Y

yuckaduck

Thank you but I don't want to punish the girls by not allowing them to visit the farm. They love the animals and my parents are really good to them. Maybe they realise it is the only grandkids they will ever have. I just watch closely to make sure my girls are always loved and don't feel the way I was made to feel. And it bothers me big time when I read negative personnal attacks on these forums. Over at sitstay they called me stupid and too many other things to get into because I don't know much about dogs. They even suggested that I get rid of my pup because I was not smart enough to raise him. That is why I came here and many many things have gotten better with Yukon and I feel much better as well. I just want everyone to feel comfortable voiceing their opinion and not to have to worry about being insulted or called names because of it.

Over at sitstay they called me stupid and too many other things to get into because I don't know much about dogs. They even suggested that I get rid of my pup because I was not smart enough to raise him.
Well then they're the ones that don't know about dogs. You're a good dog owner for coming to forums to learn more, and you're a nice person, too.

Y

yuckaduck

Thank you for saying the kind words it is appreciated and I try hard but I can be nasty if rubbed the wrong way to often. I'm not perfect that's for sure but I try my best to be fair to everyone no matter and to think before I speak or in this case type. I just try to think how would I feel if I were recieving this rather than sending it. Would it upset me or hurt me. Then I decide if it is approprete to send. Sorry I can't spell right now but you get the idea.

avenlee

Fran, please don't roll your eyes at me. I'm not stupid and was only stating my opinion. Of course I wouldn't want my child to get a virus. But you have to be realistic .. kids are always subjected to viruses even in everyday school. Children are not fully vaccinated until they are 2 yrs of age and then get booster shots at 12 yrs old, as with every other child. Its just you can't judge someone else's actions on how they raise their dog on just observing. They probably have started his vaccinations. I think they are more caring by bringing the dog with them then leaving the dog at home or the car. You can't treat everything with 'kid gloves' Heck when my 16 yr old goes out for the night, with a curfew :) , I worry about her coming back home. But you have to let her go. Some people do need to be educated, I agree, but not judged.

P.S. is this better Renee :D Sorry to you and the board for an outburst. Just didn't like the rolling of the eyes. I'll behave now. You know I never outburst like that.

IMO, eight weeks is way too young to have a puppy in a public area where there are probably tons of germs - I don't know about the rest of the PetSmarts, but here where I am, there are people going in and out of the store all day, with and without dogs, and who knows if the dogs going in there have their shots up to date? Socializing is very important, but I'd rather have my dog healthy than perfectly socialized.

Doberluv

P.S. is this better Renee Sorry to you and the board for an outburst. Just didn't like the rolling of the eyes. I'll behave now. You know I never outburst like that.
Click, treat!

Socializing is very important, but I'd rather have my dog healthy than perfectly socialized.
I wouldn't. I'd rather have my dog alive than have a small risk of getting a disease. An unsocilalized dog is useless and dangerous and may well have to be pts one day. That's not healthy. LOL. You can take a young pup out in lower populated areas, go to friend's houses for a quick visit, take reasonable precaution, only let it around dogs you know who are vaccinated and healthy.

I would socialize a young puppy in smaller, cleaner places, such as a friend's house or a family's home, but definitely not in a place where who knows how many people and animals go in and out every single day.

Fran27

Avenlee, I was talking about puppies, not children. As I've said twice, it's not comparable. I don't have children, but if there was a virus they could catch easily that would be lethal in 90% of the cases, I would know.

Do you know what can happen if a puppy catches parvo? Even after the second shot, if they catch it, they will most likely die, or at least spend days at the hospital and cost a lot of money. I really don't think you would take it so lightly if you knew how deadly diseases can be for young puppies. Which is why I reacted like I did. Please, before you start giving your opinion about something, at least, inform yourself.

I'm fine with people who say they don't mind taking the risk because they think it's more important that they are socialized. But saying that a puppy catching parvo is the same as a child catching chickenpox or the flu is really shocking me. Sorry.

And there are much safer ways of socializing a young puppy than petsmart, like Gaddy and Doberluv said.

Y

yuckaduck

This is completely off topic but when I was looking for the proper food to feed Yukon I got the that's garbage thing many times and then a man who I consider to be rather wise told me what does it really matter what everyone else says, find a good quality food, check your ingredients and makes sure it is good food and be happy. There will always be people who disagree and you just can't please the whole world at the same time. Then he added it is your dog an in the end if you chose to feed him shavings that is your business and no one elses. I had to laugh and promptly asked him but who feeds there dog shavings and he said well they'd have nice pine breath wouldn't they?
So obviously he wasn't suggesting that I feed Yukon shavings but the point is we can argue about vaccines forever and some poeple believe it is a waste of money and others believe it needs to be done yearly. Do what you feel is right for you and your dog. That is the only advice I can give. I don't think it is wise to have an unvaccinated puppy on the floor in a pet store but it is not my decision, before Yukon was fully vaccinated I would put him in a shopping cart. Many poeple thought I was a b***h because I kept in their and didn't let everyone touch him. Hey he's my dog and it is my decision. I just enjoy learning from everyone, and hope I can continue to learn. Everyone have a good laugh here because that was the whole intent to this post.

Richie12345

yuckaduck said:
I only want to learn as much as I can...sometimes I cry when reading the posts here because someone is insulting another.
I think we all joined here for that reason. It's just that some people (including me) get worked up and insult others, you don't have to cry. None of us really mean it, just that we have anger problems ;) (joking). We all are (as a lot of people put it) "family" here :D. And as a family :D we argue and insult and nag and rant... oh and complain!

I just had to say that, because I hate it when I see or hear or read about other people crying...

showpug

yuckaduck said:
This is completely off topic but when I was looking for the proper food to feed Yukon I got the that's garbage thing many times and then a man who I consider to be rather wise told me what does it really matter what everyone else says, find a good quality food, check your ingredients and makes sure it is good food and be happy. There will always be people who disagree and you just can't please the whole world at the same time. Then he added it is your dog an in the end if you chose to feed him shavings that is your business and no one elses. I had to laugh and promptly asked him but who feeds there dog shavings and he said well they'd have nice pine breath wouldn't they?
So obviously he wasn't suggesting that I feed Yukon shavings but the point is we can argue about vaccines forever and some poeple believe it is a waste of money and others believe it needs to be done yearly. Do what you feel is right for you and your dog. That is the only advice I can give. I don't think it is wise to have an unvaccinated puppy on the floor in a pet store but it is not my decision, before Yukon was fully vaccinated I would put him in a shopping cart. Many poeple thought I was a b***h because I kept in their and didn't let everyone touch him. Hey he's my dog and it is my decision. I just enjoy learning from everyone, and hope I can continue to learn. Everyone have a good laugh here because that was the whole intent to this post.
Well said. Sometimes I think the forums can get a little heated because everyone is starting to feel more comfortable voicing their opinions...in a lot of ways, that is a good sign, but at times the end result is not that good LOL!!!

showpug

Doberluv said:
Click, treat!

I wouldn't. I'd rather have my dog alive than have a small risk of getting a disease. An unsocilalized dog is useless and dangerous and may well have to be pts one day. That's not healthy. LOL. You can take a young pup out in lower populated areas, go to friend's houses for a quick visit, take reasonable precaution, only let it around dogs you know who are vaccinated and healthy.
Doberluv...you are the best and always make me laugh with your posts! Just wanted to let you know that I always respect what you have to say and appreciate where you come from with your info and advice.

avenlee

Fran, I was never looking for an arguement, it was just an example and my opinion. You really didn't need to respond back to me with rolling eyes though.... but OK, that being said Tou che` (I'm sure I spelled that horribly) and bigons (sp. that one wrong too I bet LOL)

:D

Richie12345

avenlee said:
Fran, I was never looking for an arguement, it was just an example and my opinion. You really didn't need to respond back to me with rolling eyes though.... but OK, that being said Tou che` (I'm sure I spelled that horribly) and bigons (sp. that one wrong too I bet LOL)

:D
Touche`, close :D

Members online

No members online now.