I Have Great News!!

About a week or so ago I submitted an application at my work (family-run buffet-style very successful restaraunt) for the manager position that recently opened up with little hopes of actually getting it. Yesterday I had an interview for the position and was shocked to find out at the end of it that I GOT THE PROMOTION!!!!! :D I am so excited!!!! This is HUGE for my resume!!!! I certainly didnt see myself being part of management of a successful restaraunt at only 19!!! Just wanted to share the good news as I am tickled pink about it! Our restaraunt seats about 330 people but it is pretty much expected for us to still have waiting lists over the weekend that sometimes is up to an hour long! More common is 10-20 minutes since our recent expansion though ;)

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
hehehe your going to be "that guy" the one that is younger then the others and the boss:D Congrats!!!!!

Thanks everyone!!!! i start officially next week as this week's schedual was already made up before the final decision was made. That means I have 1 week to learn the few things i dont know how to do LOL

Smkie, yes and no. A lot of our part-time staff are high school kids however our full-time and day staff do tend to be older than me, but then they are also older than the supervisor, the other manager (who will be leaving eventually) and the co-owners.

Grammy, hehe possibly.... ;)

Thanks you guys!! :D

Showpug, sure does which is always nice! My first thought was "sweet, now I am closer to purchasing the weightpull harnesses I want!" but that was interrupted when my boss finished quoting my raise with; "I'm sure that'll help considering Christmas is right around the corner!" LOL Oops!

Members online

No members online now.