My brother

Debi

guess they want to be careful of morphine amount prior to surgery. Poor guy...hope he feels all of our HUGS and well wishes. Will be thinking of him, waiting to hear that he is pain free.

bogolove

Update****

I just called my dad b/c I have not heard from anyone, and he said that my brother had complications during his surgery. He got sick in recovery from the anesthesia and threw up and some went in his lungs and now a pulmonary doctor has to see him. I will let you know what happens. They are going to have to keep him overnight now.

:( :( :( :(

Last edited:

bubbatd

AW, geez, when it rains it pours! Continue to let us know. {{{{ hugs }}}}.

Sheba

I W A L R
bogolove said:
My mom just let me know that they are putting my middle brother (I am the oldest) in the hospital for the second time since Sunday. The one he had on Sunday was so bad he had a seizure from the pain. Now he is back in there and my mom said he was really sick and she was crying and said she would have to call me back, so now I am really worried.
that is so sad! :(:(:(

bogolove

My dad called back and said that what happened was my brother was waking up from the anesthesia and he got violent, like moving around a lot, and the 3 nurses could not control him (it was a reaction from the anesthesia, I am allergic to it too, but I get sick from it) and they went to give him a shot to wake him from it and when they did he didn't expect it and he sucked in his breath really hard, and right as he was doing that his stomache convulsed and threw up the bile from his stomache (he got sick) and it sucked into his lungs, which is not good, you don't want that stomache stuff in your lungs. So, the have to keep him in Intensive Care and watch over him. the doctor said worse case scenario he would have to stay in there for 48 hours and best case scenario he would get out in the morning. They have him on antibiotics and oxygen, so hopefully he won't get an infection from that and get pneumonia or anything like that. Poor brother, he has had quite a bad week. I will let you know when I know anything else.

bogolove

I don't know, I will call my mom in a little bit and I will let you know. My mom was going on no sleep the last time I talked to her, and I think my dad was close to the same.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
He couldn't be having a ruffer time of this...Bogo i am so sorry for his suffering.

bogolove

Ok here is the break down: My brother had the surgery yesterday and he had complications. Basically they were going to take the tube out of him (for breathing) and it freaked him out and he started wrestling around and bit down hard on the tube and cut off his air so he sucked in really hard to try to get a breath and right as he did that he threw up so he got all that stomach bile and acid in his lungs. He had to go to intensive care and they put him on antibiotics and oxygen and he coughed up blood all night. But he is now on his way home and is doing better. They were walking him around the hospital and then going to check his oxygen level before they let him go home.

The doctor admitted that it was the anesthesiologist’s fault and said he would do anything he could to help.

smkie

pointer/labrador/terrier
what a horrible ordeal for him...there is simply no excuse for the anesthesiologist's incompetence. I am glad the doctor admitted it..and i hope it was documented as well.

avenlee

**** them! Its the after effects that harm anyone more then the actual surgery. I'm sorry your brother is going through such termoil. Hope he is coping well.

((((((((HUGS)))))))))

I'm sorry I swore, but I have been there in the past.

Last edited:

bogolove

I know Avenlee. I am sorry you have had to go through something like that before too. I feel so bad for him and other people who have had to go through pain and suffering for someone elses negligence. At least he is out of there and at home and hopefully on the road to recovery from that awful experience.

bogolove

Well, they said it would feel like he is peeing razor blades for a few days, but I ahve not heard if he hurts anywhere else or not. I just tried to call my parents and everyone was asleep. They have had such little sleep for the past few days, I guess they just crashed when they got home.

Members online

No members online now.