Doghouse

Blondie

Blondie is 9 months old today and we got him a doghouse as a present. We're all very happy about it, except for a small problem... Blondie doesn't want to get in the little house :( He's like afraid of it, smells it and walks around it, but doesn't go in.

He was playing with a new ball he got today, too and he loves the ball, so we threw it inside the house for him to get, but he didn't get in. He took a look at the ball, walked around the house trying to find another way in, and finally started barking at the ball and sort of crying.

Like 20 minutes later he finally got in the house and got the ball, but being very careful, moving slowly and now he's sleeping on the floor, in front of the house (we placed it in his favorite spot to sleep). His cushion and blanket are in there but he still refuses to get in. What can we do? :confused:

Last edited:
Just give him time, keep making it a pleasant place for him, going after his toys, etc. Putting his bed in front of it was an excellent idea. As he gets more and more used to it, you can gradually move the bed inside. He may not go in and sleep on his bed just as soon as you do that, but give him time and he'll find his way in.

Debi

Don't fret...he'll get around to checking it out. Addie did the same, wouldn't even pop her head in to look around. Took a little while..next thing you knew, she LOVED her house. :) We put the dogs out in the pen during the day (so I can get a few things done around here!) Ham didn't seem interested at all in his new house for a few days........now, he's ALWAYS in there when he is outside! Have you tried putting a biscuit inside? Seems it takes a little while for them to get comfortable with anything new. :)

Blondie

Thank you all for the advice! I'm sure he'll eventually like it, I know he's not too old to get used to something as simple as a house! :) I'll keep this thread updated!

Members online

No members online now.