Newly Adopted 1 yr old goes nuts!

J

JamesPeterson

Serena said:
And to me people that dump or euthanize their pets instead of training them and working with the issue are irresponsible pet owners and don't deserve pets in the first place.
Well sometimes you win sometimes you loose. More often then not you just break even. Why get a dog if you are not going to enjoy it. Sounds like a loose loose situation to me.

J

JamesPeterson

Kathy74 said:
So do you also believe that children who end up in foster care THROUGH NO FAULT OF THEIR OWN should never be adopted to loving families who want to give them a better life!?! QUOTE]

Please don't put words in my mouth. I never said that but I think children in foster care often wind up as criminals and scumbags. Maybe it is them maybe its not but I think only a judge should judge people.

Kathy74

Serena, it's like you're saying it while I'm thinking it!!! There is a family in town who has gotten rid of 4 dogs in the 2 1/2 yrs I've lived here...Figure it out folks, they're not ALL bad dogs, but I guess for someone who can't be bothered to train and nuture, it's "easier" to just get a new perfect pup...until it's not "perfect" anymore! People like Mr. Peterson are the reason so many senior dogs have to finish their life in a shelter...No one wants someone else's "problem". As for me, old or young, special needs, whatever, I will adopt as many as hubby will let me...And love them all till their last day!

Kathy74

It's a comparison...DUH!!! And if you know it is a dog forum, why do your posts contain religious talk!?!

undefined
JamesPeterson said:
I dont know how you can deal with a dog like this. It is very hard on you and your family. This is why I don't get dogs that are old. They seem to always be bad. I would do one of 2 things. #1 I would bring it back to the shelter and demand a better dog. and #2 I would consider having him youthinized.

I believe it is Possible the dog does not like to be left alone . it is probabley due to previous treatment. Would it be that there are sitters in your area that dog set. This is quite common now I dog set where I live. If this is not available you may have to let the dog go back to the shelter or to a home where people are home such as a senior citizen. I am a member of a Humane Society and have seen many dogs and behavior can be a problem. Betty and Her pugs

JamesPeterson said:
Well then I guess you have all the luck. To me buying a used dog is like getting married to a prostitute. They both were already payed for and used. Now it is your responsibility.
how dare you come on to a dog forum, and talk about our furry friends as "used prostitutes". You are by far one of the most rudest people that have posted on any forum i've ever been on!

Apollo was adopted by me and my fiance on August 23rd of this year. So far he's shredded a dog bed and broke through a glass door because i had to go somewhere. He has severe seperation anxiety and was shot by a BB Gun by his previous owner (The vet explained that they were bullet holes). Despite the crap he's gone through, he is the most mild-tempered dog i've ever met. he never leaves your side, he stares at you intentionally with big brown eyes that are so full of love. and he would never bite a soul. You can't judge a dog like that, and if you do then you are a fool! Would you put your kid down if it broke a window? I don't think so. To me, and im sure many other people. Animals are like children. They require so much attention, and unconditional love....The dog she adopted isn't bad by any means!!! Something may have happened to him, he's afraid just like Apollo was. We are fortunately starting to break through his anxiety.

From very little experience with this, Regarding the origional topic.
i've read, learned, and practiced leaving him in a room for small periods of times. I'd put apollo downstairs for a while like 10 minutes then praise him. after doing that we gradually increased the periods of times he was left alone, now he can go outside and play by himself, lay in the sun, sleep in seperate rooms. It just takes alotta patience. Some dogs catch on faster than others, Good luck with your endeavor

RD

Are you dead yet?
I haven't posted on this thread for fear of being banned because of what I might have said.. :mad:

JamesPeterson,

I have a lot of hopes for you.
-I hope that your dogs never do anything wrong, for if they did, you surely would choose end a lifetime of devotion with a syringe filled with euthanasia solution rather than spending a bit of time to help your dog.
-I hope that you don't own any more dogs. You honestly do not deserve them. A responsible, caring dog owner does their best to match the devotion and pure love that their dog gives them, which you obviously do not.
-I hope that you will someday see what dogs look like, caged in shelters, eyes pleading and tails wagging, with little hope of finding a loving home. I then hope that you could see why rescuers stick it out with their dogs.
-Most of all, I hope that one day you will snap the hell out of it and start appreciating the unconditional love that dogs give their owners and maybe one day try to match that love.

Members online

No members online now.